Sign in to follow this  
StevenHPerry

FMC - Between Altitudes - OR - Delete Speeds

I flew the SEEVR1 RNAV Arrival into KDFW tonight with no traffic anywhere to justify the speed restrictions on the arrival.  I did still want to comply with the altitude restrictions.  But...

I couldn't figure out how to either

A) Delete just the speed restriction on the pre-populated VNAC restrictions.

B) Enter altitude restrictions as between two altitudes - or -

What is the correct way to do either of these?

E.g. FEWWW.SEEVR1 has a restriction at NECKK to cross Below FL280 and Above FL240 at 290KIAS.  In the FMC legs page this was represented as 290/240 280.

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KDFW/STAR/SEEVR+ONE+%28RNAV%29

As a work around, I created an along track waypoint a tenth of a mile before NECKK and assigned it altitude "280B" and then assigned NECKK 240A, with no speed on either one.  It was a good amount of button pushing for what I think should be pretty straight forward.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I flew the SEEVR1 RNAV Arrival into KDFW tonight with no traffic anywhere to justify the speed restrictions on the arrival.  I did still want to comply with the altitude restrictions.  But...

B) Enter altitude restrictions as between two altitudes - or -

What is the correct way to do either of these?

E.g. FEWWW.SEEVR1 has a restriction at NECKK to cross Below FL280 and Above FL240 at 290KIAS.  In the FMC legs page this was represented as 290/240 280.

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KDFW/STAR/SEEVR+ONE+%28RNAV%29

As a work around, I created an along track waypoint a tenth of a mile before NECKK and assigned it altitude "280B" and then assigned NECKK 240A, with no speed on either one.  It was a good amount of button pushing for what I think should be pretty straight forward.

Edit: Question is with respect to the 737NGX.  I mistakenly posted under the wrong forum.  I suppose it could apply to the other Boeings too though.

Edited by StevenHPerry

I dont know what the correct method is, but you can try to delete the restriction(s) and set the speed you want in the vnav page I think. That should worm I guess.

I think that, since the speed and altitude restrictions you get are pre-proggramed into the navigation data base, you just have to delete both speed and altitude with the delete button,

and then re-enter what you desire, either your spped ex. 250/ or altitude ex. /70

Enter altitude restrictions as between two altitudes - or -

Just type ex. /070A260B