Sign in to follow this  
Aviationsim4862

Virtualcol Dash-8

I've tried again to land the Dash 8. I went through the manual carefully and no problem on take off and cruise.   I actually got it for $12.98.  It's not a pmdg or aerosoft aircraft, etc,  but its definitely fun to fly. I think it's more difficult to fly than the more expensive and more developed competitors, lol.   I'm just looking now for the download fix, on the landing and flap angles. I sent a 'sos' to their support team.   Maybe in future a sound improvement can be obtained, too. But this plane is definitely a little winner. I can assure that if you an average simmer you have to read the manual and see that you understand how to operate it, from locking bar to ECU knob, condition fuel levers, spoiler hydraulics, etc. Everything must be in the right place at the right time, or you can loose it.  But on landing I struggle to slow her down, like many others. However, and only because of the the landing issue, I still say 'happy landings'.

Cheers.

JohnG.

Having solved the loanding issue I would like to learn if is possible to install GPS.

Any comments appreciated.

Jorog

Can land the q400 easily if you reduce condition levers down to just above stalling, then lands fine

I have a problem with of fuel consumption in a single engine(right). I use the P3D.

Help, please.

tks

Jorog: Installing GPS is easy into any FS A/C.

-Look in the aircraft.cfg file and then open the panel folder, there you will find another.cfg file.

Once you open this, you'll find a list of window titles where you'll find windows in numbers there you can find the GPS window listed under a number, In the case of the Cessna 172 you will se Window02=GPS. Once you scroll down to Window02 you can find the entries which will add the GPS Window to the A/C you wish to add it to, all this  entries indicate the position of the window in the original panel ( C172).

[Window02]
size_mm=456,378
window_size=0.5
position=8
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
VISIBLE=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
zorder=4

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,            0,0

Simply copy and paste these entries including the windows description I have not learned how to add an Icon.So you'll have to open [Views] In the Top Menu and from there scroll down to (intrument panel) And there you'll find your GPS entry. Mind you! This will only add the GPS Window; To make an A/C fly and fallow a GPS path you'll have to copy other lines that have this influence in the Autopilot.

Hope this helps