Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

Windows 10 (upgraded from Win8.1 - which was a fresh install).

RC 4.3.3845

Now that you mentioned Windows 10 which wasn't around when the plugin was released, suggest the following...

Right-click "X-Plane.exe" (the 64 bit exe only), select "properties" in drop-down menu.

Go to <Compatibility> tab and set it to run as if under Windows 7 Sp1 and try again to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Now that you mentioned Windows 10 which wasn't around when the plugin was released, suggest the following...

Right-click "X-Plane.exe" (the 64 bit exe only), select "properties" in drop-down menu.

Go to <Compatibility> tab and set it to run as if under Windows 7 Sp1 and try again to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks

I stated Windows 10 in my 'I've got a problem post'.

I have tried running x-plane in Win7 compatibility mode but the result is the same: intermittent initialization of the plugin formatting.

Also, x-plane does not play well with compatibility mode and isn't really usable anyway - extremely long loading times/ random crashes.

I have tried running x-plane in Win7 compatibility mode but the result is the same: intermittent initialization of the plugin formatting.

Thanks for feedback.

Thanks for feedback.

After much offline troubleshooting with Ben from multicrewxp I now have a working RC4TOXPLANE - many thanks for all your help.

Tim

I too was faced with some discrepancy between airport data in Radar Contact and X-Plane. So, to solve that, I wrote a small utility that reads the X-Plane airport, runway and nav data files and generates a new Radar Contact compatible csv file. The tool does a similar thing as MakeRwys.exe for FSX/P3D, therefore I named it "Makerunways for X-Plane". You can find it here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=29700

All it does is writing a r5.csv file that can then be used in Radar Contact (be aware that you need to copy it to the Radar Contact data folder and rename it (!) to r4.csv). But all that can also be done automatically by using the built in function "Rebuild Scenery DB" directly within Radar Contact, which I would recommend.

If you have any questions or problems, I am happy to help out.

I too was faced with some discrepancy between airport data in Radar Contact and X-Plane. So, to solve that, I wrote a small utility that reads the X-Plane airport, runway and nav data files and generates a new Radar Contact compatible csv file. The tool does a similar thing as MakeRwys.exe for FSX/P3D, therefore I named it "Makerunways for X-Plane". You can find it here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=29700

All it does is writing a r5.csv file that can then be used in Radar Contact (be aware that you need to copy it to the Radar Contact data folder and rename it (!) to r4.csv). But all that can also be done automatically by using the built in function "Rebuild Scenery DB" directly within Radar Contact, which I would recommend.

If you have any questions or problems, I am happy to help out.

Robby,

Very nice. This will be invaluable for those of us using these addon ATC programs. Is there any way to generate a runways.csv file that Proflight Emulator uses?

NAX669.png

Robby,

Very nice. This will be invaluable for those of us using these addon ATC programs. Is there any way to generate a runways.csv file that Proflight Emulator uses?

Mike, I don't have PFE, so I can't test it. But I looked into the runways.csv file and it seems to be very similar to the r5.csv file, but having less parameters.

I just uploaded a new version 1.1 of my utility that writes both r5.csv and runways.csv. It would be great if you could give feedback whether PFE is working with the runways.csv file generated.

Mike, I don't have PFE, so I can't test it. But I looked into the runways.csv file and it seems to be very similar to the r5.csv file, but having less parameters.

I just uploaded a new version 1.1 of my utility that writes both r5.csv and runways.csv. It would be great if you could give feedback whether PFE is working with the runways.csv file generated.

Robby, I tried the newest version and when I run the program I can see a message in the cmd window that says "invalid runway suffix". When I try to rebuild the database in PFE it starts to rebuild but after about 5 seconds it hangs saying it's processing record 21180. I appreciate your efforts.

NAX669.png

Robby, I tried the newest version and when I run the program I can see a message in the cmd window that says "invalid runway suffix". When I try to rebuild the database in PFE it starts to rebuild but after about 5 seconds it hangs saying it's processing record 21180. I appreciate your efforts.

Thank you for providing the runways.csv via PM/e-mail. I stumbled upon some invalid runway ids which should not be there in the runways.csv. I will have a look at that tomorrow.

Version 1.2 is now available which fixes some invalid runway identifiers in the output csv files. Please try again with the runways.csv file created by this new version.

Version 1.2 is now available which fixes some invalid runway identifiers in the output csv files. Please try again with the runways.csv file created by this new version.

Robert,

I ran the process to update the database in PFE using the latest out from v 1.2. it compiled the runways without a problem but hung at refreshing taxiway data. It gave a file not found message. It may have something to do with how the taxiways are designated in X-Plane. I'm guessing that it's different from the afcad system in FSX or P3D. I'm going to send you my copy of the runways.csv.

NAX669.png

Robert,

I ran the process to update the database in PFE using the latest out from v 1.2. it compiled the runways without a problem but hung at refreshing taxiway data. It gave a file not found message. It may have something to do with how the taxiways are designated in X-Plane. I'm guessing that it's different from the afcad system in FSX or P3D. I'm going to send you my copy of the runways.csv.

Mike,

Good to hear that the issue with reading the runways.csv seems to be gone now. But if it now hangs reading taxiway data, then this can't be related to the runways.csv any more (it does not contain any information on taxiways at all). My guess is that there is another file with taxiway data (is there a t5.csv file as well?) which would also need to be re-generated. Unfortunately, this would be a totally different story to implement than the runway data. This doesn't seem to be trivial from first sight, so I will need time to investigate this. Sorry that there doesn't seem a direct solution for PFE on the table right now.

If there is anyone willing to help developing an algorithm for generating a taxiway t5.csv file from X-Plane apt.dat data, feel free to contact me.

Mike,

Good to hear that the issue with reading the runways.csv seems to be gone now. But if it now hangs reading taxiway data, then this can't be related to the runways.csv any more (it does not contain any information on taxiways at all). My guess is that there is another file with taxiway data (is there a t5.csv file as well?) which would also need to be re-generated. Unfortunately, this would be a totally different story to implement than the runway data. This doesn't seem to be trivial from first sight, so I will need time to investigate this. Sorry that there doesn't seem a direct solution for PFE on the table right now.

If there is anyone willing to help developing an algorithm for generating a taxiway t5.csv file from X-Plane apt.dat data, feel free to contact me.

Robert,

I think you are correct. I removed the t5.csv file from my P3D install and tried to rebuild the database in PFE and I got the same error message of file not found. The reason why PFE looks for it when RC4 doesn't may be because PFE provides taxi instructions where RC4 doesn't. The workaround has been to use the database from either FSX or P3D which seems to work fine. For those who only have X-Plane installed, I'm not sure what the answer is. Again, I appreciate you trying to come up with a solution. The fact that you were able to create an updated database for RC4 will be a big help.

NAX669.png

Just bought, installed and tested RC4TOXPLANE and so far it seems to work well. One thing I noticed is that I'm hearing neither the AI chatter nor the Pre-Recorded Chatter even though I have those options checked in RC4. Is that normal (i.e. chatter not supported) or do I have to do some tweaking to make it work in X-Plane?

Just bought, installed and tested RC4TOXPLANE and so far it seems to work well. One thing I noticed is that I'm hearing neither the AI chatter nor the Pre-Recorded Chatter even though I have those options checked in RC4. Is that normal (i.e. chatter not supported) or do I have to do some tweaking to make it work in X-Plane?

I've heard the prerecorded chatter with this plug in but you won't hear any AI chatter as X-Plane handles AI differently so RC4 doesn't see it.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png