Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

It's working on a clean install of 11.50b11 on a backup drive. I don't know why. It must be conflicting with another plug in. I'll disable everything until I find the issue or worst case, just do a fresh install on a workable drive (not this external testing one). Thanks for the attempted support since there was nothing to support with except my ignorance. I love this product along with MCE voice commands when I'm not flying online!

I've tried  PFEtoXplane as well, but I think RC4 is still the best, most realistic ATC addon. PFE  uses some really funky non-standard phraseology sometimes, and it really ruins everything for me. RC4's handling of SIDs and STARs isn't that great, but overall I like it much better.

Good luck with your troubleshooting!

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I understand this plugin requires XPUIPC but I've read that it is no longer developed, so will the plugin become disabled if/when Xplane updates break XPUIPC?

Also, is there a way to update the F4.csv with airport frequencies from Xplane's data?

Edited by molleh

On 7/11/2020 at 3:28 PM, molleh said:

I understand this plugin requires XPUIPC but I've read that it is no longer developed, so will the plugin become disabled if/when Xplane updates break XPUIPC?

Also, is there a way to update the F4.csv with airport frequencies from Xplane's data?

No, it won't break.

XPUIPC was never a one to one match to FSUIPC. It's useful though.

For instance, unlike FSUIPC, it doesn't notify add-ons when hotkeys are pressed, nor report X-Plane weather.

That's what among other things the plugin has to do, in addition to handling RC4 text and displaying it in the familiar format (multi-line and colored text).

You can update some elements of database by using "Makerunways" for X-lane, available from this link

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29700-makerunways-for-x-plane/

Lastly, it is possible to "talk ATC jargon" to RC4 controllers instead of looking for keys to press, when using Multi Crew for X-Plane.

You can explore the Demo available here.

Edited by FS++

On 5/24/2015 at 2:04 AM, FS++ said:

Attention all users of this plugin.

First, thank you to everyone who purchased this plugin.

You are advised to download this patch:

http://www.multicrewxp.com/RC4toXPX-Patch.zip

Change Log

1 - Fixes issue with RC4 window flashing when user sets RC4 Co-pilot to handle plane

2 - Allows users who have more than one RC4 installation to direct the plugin to the particular one they want to use instead of the first installation found in registry. (Set "IgnoreRC4Registry=1" in "RC4toXplane.cfg" under [OPTIONS] section)

3 - There is a new option to prevent display of reminder about positioning aircraft prior to starting RC4 (due to no slewing available in XPX), which some users find annoying

4 - Fixes a typo in "Radar Contadt"  :wub:

Installation:

Download patch to your desktop and unzip it.

Copy folders <32> and <64> bit

Go to \Xplane installation folder\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXplane\ folder and overwrite the 2 folders there with the ones included in the patch.

That's it

Enjoy.

it is not on that link http://www.multicrewxp.com/RC4toXPX-Patch.zip

Hi All

Just bought RC4toXPlane and I'm having a few problems with it. Every time I start Radar Contact 4 (inside or outside X-Plane) I get errors about a missing F4ResManager.msi file (which I think is a Microsoft FSX file, if I recall correctly).

I don't have FSX installed and I thought that the whole point of the RC4toXPlane was to "spoof" Radar Contact 4 into thinking XP was FSX. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Nick C 

8 hours ago, Duke748 said:

Hi All

Just bought RC4toXPlane and I'm having a few problems with it. Every time I start Radar Contact 4 (inside or outside X-Plane) I get errors about a missing F4ResManager.msi file (which I think is a Microsoft FSX file, if I recall correctly).

I don't have FSX installed and I thought that the whole point of the RC4toXPlane was to "spoof" Radar Contact 4 into thinking XP was FSX. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Nick C 

No worries.

What do you mean by "inside or outside".

Do not install RC4 as you add a plugin in X-Plane folder.

Assuming you installed RC4toXPlane plugin, run RC4 installer and choose Full FSX installation. Install RC4 to default path, then go to where it;s installed and set "rcv4.exe" to run as administrator.

When it prompts for FSX path, browse to \X-Plane\ installation folder.

The RC4toXPlane plugin adds a dummy "fsx.exe" to X-Plane installation folder, purely for that purpose.

Hi Gerald

By "inside/outside" I mean starting RC4 from the RC install folder (as Admin) or using the XP plugin "Launch RC" option. I think my issue is that RC4 isn't installed correctly, to be honest.

When I point RC4 at the FSX.exe file in the XP install folder I get this message:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.152

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX"
Checking version of FSX.EXE:
Couldn't obtain Version Info! Asking user to find FSX.EXE ...
User identified path:
   "F:\Games\X-Plane 11"
... Version 1.0.0.1  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
!! WARNING !! This version of FSX is later than any known by this FSUIPC4.
   There may be problems. Please check for a later version of FSUIPC4!

That's pretty well as far as I can get currently. Do I need to get a newer version of FSUIPC as the message seems to be telling me?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Duke748 said:

Hi Gerald

By "inside/outside" I mean starting RC4 from the RC install folder (as Admin) or using the XP plugin "Launch RC" option. I think my issue is that RC4 isn't installed correctly, to be honest.

When I point RC4 at the FSX.exe file in the XP install folder I get this message:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.152

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX"
Couldn't obtain Version Info! Asking user to find FSX.EXE ...
User identified path:
   "F:\Games\X-Plane 11"
... Version 1.0.0.1  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
!! WARNING !! This version of FSX is later than any known by this FSUIPC4.
   There may be problems. Please check for a later version of FSUIPC4!

That's pretty well as far as I can get currently. Do I need to get a newer version of FSUIPC as the message seems to be telling me?

Thanks

FSUIPC is what Radar Contact uses to connect to FSX and Prepar3D.

That report regarding invalid FSX version is just FSUIPC trying to be helpful for FSX or Prepar3D users so they eventually get the latest.

It's not used in X-Plane and you can ignore the message.

If you're getting the plugin menu and are able to start RC4 from it, you can assume the plugin knows where RC4 is installed and will be able to read settings from its files. Things like call-sign, key assignments, flight plan used etc..

Best to create FS9 style flight plans (plain text) and not use RNAV, SIDs or STARs as RC4 cannot handle these well.

Many sites where you can create flight plans for free. Just Google "online flight planner".

Unlike with FSX where Radar Contact will reposition aircraft based on flight plan departure airport, in X-Plane, you have to make sure you are at the correct location before clicking <Start RC> in RC4 user interface.

That's when you expect to see the usual RC4 ATC floating window appear in X-Plane.

Thanks for the speedy response Gerald.

The plugin recognises where RC is located but if I click on the Launch RC option I get a series of error messages (5 or more, one after the other) saying that RC can't find F4ResManager.msi. RC then eventually opens but if I try to load a flight plan I get a 713 error saying that I need a dll file (MSSTDFMT.dll) on my machine. 

(I get a 713 error saying that I need a dll file (MSSTDFMT.dll) on my machine.) This bit is now fixed 👍

Still getting the F4ResManager.msi errors though.

1 hour ago, Duke748 said:

(I get a 713 error saying that I need a dll file (MSSTDFMT.dll) on my machine.) This bit is now fixed 👍

Still getting the F4ResManager.msi errors though.

Not sure which RC4 package you installed.

I suggest you un-install it, then download and install latest available here:

Select "Full" installation.

*.msi files are Microsoft installer files.

They need "microsoft installer" service running. It runs by default on all machines unless you intentionally tweaked services not to start it.

The other thing to check is whether you're running out of C drive disk space. msi files need to expand (create temp files) before they install whatever.. Maybe a good C drive scan for erros will help as well before re-installing RC4.

No idea what's going on Gerald. I downloaded the file from exactly that location. Found out that F4ResManager is actually associated with a completely different simulator so I've no idea why RC4 is even referencing it as it doesn't even have an associated .msi file. Think I'll cut my losses at this point and move on.

That said, I do appreciate your help with this and I really wasn't expecting a response over the weekend. Great support service 👍   

Edited by Duke748