Sign in to follow this  
krustykobb

EZDOK MIddle Mouse Button Not Working

I have installed P3D 2.5 and the EZDOK 1.18 beta, but when I go to click the middle mouse button the view doesn't change.  This is also the same when I go to try and edit a view - as none of the defined keys do anything.  What is the problem here?  (Screenshots of what is currently configured below):

703c6fb915.png

18da0d804b.png

c589d1e464.png

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

I usually get this problem when EZdok has a faulty install .Try reinstall and check the entries in the xml.exe file as well. It should look like this:

</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I usually get this problem when EZdok has a faulty install .Try reinstall and check the entries in the xml.exe file as well. It should look like this:

</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>

I reinstalled but the middle mouse button still doesn't work - however I am now able to configure views.  How do I set up ezdok so that I can float around the cockpit without being in edit mode?

On your screenshot of the EZCA View System, towards the bottom of "Cycle View", there's a box with "Emmulate MM button" next to it. Maybe try a keyboard (or joystick) shortcut there, even if just for testing purposes, and see if that works?

Eugene

On your screenshot of the EZCA View System, towards the bottom of "Cycle View", there's a box with "Emmulate MM button" next to it. Maybe try a keyboard (or joystick) shortcut there, even if just for testing purposes, and see if that works?

Eugene

Nope - I set it to a key on my keyboard but still the view doesn't move

I reinstalled but the middle mouse button still doesn't work - however I am now able to configure views.  How do I set up ezdok so that I can float around the cockpit without being in edit mode?

When you ran the config, did it say anything special? I've had this problem several times and the only reason was a faulty install. Did you follow the steps as pointed out on the simforums? Here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-1185-beta-available-for-download_topic51089.html

However, this is important --> When you uninstall EZdok you need to manually remove some files as well. The EZdok installer creates a folder in the APPDATA folder. It is a hidden folder in Windows so you need to manually enable it to show. Also, if there still a files left under c/programfiles, delete as well. I think this is the reason for your problems. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

When you ran the config, did it say anything special? I've had this problem several times and the only reason was a faulty install. Did you follow the steps as pointed out on the simforums? Here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-1185-beta-available-for-download_topic51089.html

However, this is important --> When you uninstall EZdok you need to manually remove some files as well. The EZdok installer creates a folder in the APPDATA folder. It is a hidden folder in Windows so you need to manually enable it to show. Also, if there still a files left under c/programfiles, delete as well. I think this is the reason for your problems. 

Nothing 'special' came up when configuring - when I tried uninstalling and reinstalling I deleted the c:\program files folder and the appdata folder but I still have the problem.

Then you are better off submitting a ticket on their forum, I think. EZdok can be tricky to install, but needless to say - Do not try to install a pirate version!

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I've just reinstalled P3D 3.0 after a hard drive failure.  Finally got EZDOK to install.  Functionality seems good except for this middle mouse button issue.  When I depress the middle mouse button, I hear a pop or noise in the sim telling me the sim recognized the button push but no movement.  Was there ever a resolution to this?

Mike Eppright

the mouse middle button works for me..i had to create a view and save the camera file from ezdok..close p3d and restart..thats all..it was not working for me too as along i was in edit mode

I've just reinstalled P3D 3.0 after a hard drive failure.  Finally got EZDOK to install.  Functionality seems good except for this middle mouse button issue.  When I depress the middle mouse button, I hear a pop or noise in the sim telling me the sim recognized the button push but no movement.  Was there ever a resolution to this?

with fsx-se recently there was a bug that 'hide cursor when middle mouse button pressed' would cause problems, i don't know if that applies to newer p3d versions but maybe toggling that setting would be something to try

cheers

-andy crosby

I just had Flight1 update my email so I can download a fresh key. I've not been close to my FS computer to confirm but everything points to that. Friday evening will prove or disprove that theory.