Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

I think the ASN update destroyed my FSX

Yes, back up those two files.  ASN does not break your installation.

I use GSX, EZCA, Couatl, and others...all these are loaded by either the exe.xml or dll.xml.

All ASN does is add the relevant lines I mentioned in a few posts earlier, and adds the "as_srv" folder in FSX.

If you want to restore, restore the dll and exe XML files you copied and delete the "as_srv" folder...that's it.

Again, we can only help you as much as you help us.  Complaining that you are not getting support from Hifi is not accurate as you have been helped both here and at the HIFI forum here http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?4624-ASN-crashes-version-5570

In both threads there have been multiple requests for your help in isolating this issue.  We have done our part...the rest is up to you.

We've tried to help and the community knows it...now it's up to you.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Quote:  "I'm so fed up right now I could spit nails. My frustration level is extremely high and I have zero patience for incompetence from HiFi."

You may want to look at taking some time to actually read and learn some basic things about your own computer, FSX, and HiFi before you throw around the word incompetence.   

Maybe time for another walk in the forest..................a much longer walk.   

JH

Please put yourself in my shoes. It is all new to me. I don't know all you guys know. I have been hesitent to do this because I don't want to go through all the hassles.

Let's look at the facts.

Yes, they have tried to help me but they want me to be their beta tester.

They want me to break my FSX installation so they can analyze it. Maybe they should have done a better job of beta testing as I am not the only one.

I never knew about those two files. Today I WILL do as you and HiFi ask and submit to them the files and somehow load the text of those files here if I can even figure out hot to do even that. Can you guys PLEASE have patience with a novice?

And jhaley, I have been trying my level best to learn as much as I can, you do not know me, you do not know the reams of printed materials I am trying to absorb, books, YT's, etc. The learning curve is pretty steep in this hobby. How can I learn all this stuff overnight. What you guys take for granted I am just learning and it doesn't help when you pay money for a product that breaks your program when you trusted them.

Suggesting another long walk through the woods was a little below the belt, I do not have the knowledge base you have. That was uncalled for as I would never treat you the same.

I mentioned incompetence because if they had done better beta testing this would not have happened would it? And funny thing is I'm not alone.

Jack Sawyer

I do not have the knowledge base you have.

I mentioned incompetence because if they had done better beta testing this would not have happened would it? And funny thing is I'm not alone.

You mention you do not have the knowledge base...yet you spurn the advice of those who do.  

This SP has months of beta testing, done by hundreds of individuals (it was an open beta where anyone could beta test) and we got very constructive feedback.  There are tens of thousands of different computer setups, configurations and types out there.  How do you expect a 2 man show to account for all of them?  Heck, Microsoft, a HUGE corporation, is still patching Win7 and it was released in 2009...6 years ago!!!

There is no smoke and mirrors, this isn't magic.  We need hard data.  If it never came up, it can't be fixed.

And funny thing is I'm not alone.

Yes...you're possibly right.  We had three similar issues...yes "3".

I'm finished until you can offer constructive help in diagnosing your problem.  You are wasting MY time and others that have tried to help...and I find THAT insulting.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I just told you I was going to update today and try to post the request files.

In fact I am in the process of doing that now.

I have to get started on this and I will give you the information you need.

I'm sorry you find it insulting.

I am NOT spruning anyone's advice. I am fearful of this happening again. That's simply it. I didn't like what happened.

If this doesn't work out then I want a full refund as I will be forever done with HiFi.

Jack Sawyer

Jack, opening the EXE.xml and DLL.xml files in notepad copying the contents and then pasting the contents into a post here is not a difficult task, I cannot understand why you refuse to do so.

We could have fixed this problem for you by correctly formatting the files for you and you would have learned a bit in the process.

You sound to me as if deep down you do not want this to work out and would be better getting a refund from Hifi, but be aware that other addons have also been known to break the formatting of these files so you will have the same problems in the future.

The only way around this is to learn what to do when this happens, we are willing to help you in this but you seem to be a bit closed minded.

I am doing this as we speak.

I am not close minded, please stop with the insults.

Fearful maybe but not close minded.

I would never insult you like that.

I will send the file contents as soon as I have them available.

I am updating this right this very minute.

Jack Sawyer

Jack - let me point out something here - out of tens of thousands of users, there have been 3 (THREE) reports of this happening - NONE of them tracked down to ASN as the PRIMARY cause yet. In most scenarios, that is an acceptable percentage and MOST developers would give you a refund and send you on your way.

ASN and many people here are trying to help you and up until a few posts above, you have resisted their help all the while complaining about ASN and their beta testers. I sympathize with your frustration but insulting the people who are trying to help you is not the best way to get help. Many of the people trying to help here are not ASN testers or employees - just satisfied users. I suggest you take a deep breath, quit the insulting tone and work together to solve your issue. I guarantee if you pay attention, you will also learn some useful things about your computer.

No one is asking YOU to be a beta tester but WE do not have the problem - YOU do. If WE could duplicate it at all, we could resolve it but we cannot - so get us the files.

As Devin said - ASN does NOT destroy your install - just back up those files and restore them - if you do not know how - then learn because it's a COMMON practice when using software of ANY kind.

Considering your self proclaimed complete lack of computer savvy, I'm inclined to believe that it will resolve itself as something YOU did on YOUR system *BUT* I will refrain from pointing the finger as we just do NOT have enough info.

So post those files HiFi requested and then we can determine the cause, the cure and then we can all go flying.

Vic

edit: hadn't read your post above when I responded - good for you!

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Five pages, 67 posts and we still have not seen the files.

This is easy stuff we are asking for Jack, just a quick copy and paste

Look, I am just now going to upload them.

Now, I don't see how it was something I did.

Here's what I just did:

1. Ran the pre-update ASN

2. Told me to update.

3. Went to site.

4. Chose "SP update (latest official)

4. SP2 update (ASN for FSX) Version B5570.

5. Downloaded the file to desktp.

6. Unziipped it and ran it.

7. Installed.

8. Yes to updating ASConnect. Path, X:/FSX

9. No to affinity mask.

10. Ran FSX

11. Yes to as_btstrp_configmanager.exe

12. Yes to trusted software.

13. Let FSX run.

14. Lost all Add-ons from menu. All I have is ASN weather request.

Now I ask you what is it I did wrong?

Files to follow.

This is the dll.xml text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_connect</Name>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

This is the exe.xml text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I also lost Track IR

Jack Sawyer

Can you post the contents of your original dll and exe.  we need to compare see the originals too.

You are definitely missing all the entries for your other programs.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Yes, I backed them up as suggested.

Please give me a few minutes…

dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
    <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

exe.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Couatl</Name>
<Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon></Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>X:\FSX\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon><Name>EZdok camera addon</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Jack Sawyer

OK!  Give me a few minutes, I'll have some fixed files for you.

I'll forward your original files to Damian or Kostas at Hifi so they can see if there is an issue with the formatting of the files so they can account for it.

Stand by ---

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Okay, thanks, but why did I also lose Track IR?

I simply do not see how it was something that I did wrong.

Jack Sawyer

Jack, you lost TrackIr because EZdok did not load, in your saved exe.xml the section for EZdok is not formatted correctly

<Launch.Addon><Name>EZdok camera addon</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

This is how it should look

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>