Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

I think the ASN update destroyed my FSX

I must be on my fourth of fifth Hi-Fi Sim product by now.  Because I always get the impression that they will bend over backwards to help their customers.  That and the fact that their products are brilliant :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I've just installed the update yesterday. I've had no problems, and I had no query about my AffinityMask setting.

I myself experienced an issue with the ASN update and my ezdok and various other addons stopped working. 

I read through the forum and found the information very useful and helpful. I copied the exe and dll files into mine and it fixed the problem.

This is why I love avsim so much. The support is brilliant and has helped me on several occasions. I want to thank you guys so much for finding a solution to this problem. 

Hifi has made a terrific product and I look forward to flying with the weather engine for the realism.

Thanks again for everything :)

I've been watching this thread in paranoia, avoiding the sp2, and hoping to see an update addressing these issues. HiFi stepped up to the plate and delivered one. I installed SP2b (an update that addresses problems with 3rd party addons) and everything seems to be going smoothly... no change to my cfg file and all addons working correctly.

Thanks to all users for reporting issues and HiFi for working quickly to resolve them.

It's extremely frustrating when you have a perfectly working FSX sim, then you update an Add-on and you then have to deal with CTDs.

I can't run my beloved Lotus L-39 because ASN causes a CTD. I've reset and still have CTDs with ASN & the L-39.

HiFi is providing me with excellent support, but it makes me question whether these add-on purchases are worth the hassle.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

We're actively purchasing and installing that aircraft, working on this right now, so we can run it on our test systems.  So far we've never heard of an issue here with this product, but if we find one, be certain that we will fix it to the best of our ability as rapidly as possible.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

We're actively purchasing and installing that aircraft, working on this right now, so we can run it on our test systems.  So far we've never heard of an issue here with this product, but if we find one, be certain that we will fix it to the best of our ability as rapidly as possible.

No issues with SP1b. The CTD only happens with ASN SP2 installed. Thx.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.