Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

I think the ASN update destroyed my FSX

That's why I suggest you backup your exe.xml and dll.xml

Your problem lies in these two files.  ASN adds lines to each, and it seems in your case it deletes the exe.xml file. 

If you kept a copy of both (say on your desktop for now), we can help you rebuild a file that should work for you ( a matter of adding a few lines) while at the same time trying to find out why this is happening to you.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

You don't have an exe.XML at all???

We can't help you if you don't help us.  Without seeing the problem, it can't be fixed.

One thing you can do is save a copy of the dll.XML and exe.XML before updating.  Try again and post your new dll and exe files.

I just re-read your post. That is a good idea to save those files BEFORE I update it.

Now I just might do it as I made a global save after the first ASN was installed.

I might do this today.

How do I attach the files?

You guys are amazing and I REALLY appreciate the help.

Such good advice. I think I will go ahead and do as you say as it makes perfect sense and you guys know a whole LOT more than I do! I'm still a novice.

One question though, how do I send the files? Is there a way to attach them to a post? If so how?

Jack Sawyer

I just re-read your post. That is a good idea to save those files BEFORE I update it.

Now I just might do it as I made a global save after the first ASN was installed.

I might do this today.

How do I attach the files?

Not sure on that answer!  You can just open the files and post the contents here.

I'm home for a few more hours, then I'm off to an Easter supper with family.  If you decide to do this later, I may not be around right away.

If for some reason you decide to do it and I can't get back to you, check and make sure you have the exe.XML after the update.  If you don't, then put a copy of you backed up exe.XML back in where it's supposed to belong (that one should contain the addins for EZDok, etc).  In that exe.XML, be sure this entry is inside it:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

EDIT: Sorry...forgot this...your dll.XML should also contain this:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_connect</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Thank you so much netshadoe. I will now do this later today and post the results.

I have a feeling it was Simconnect. It told me I had to update it.

Also, do I really need affinity mask?

Jack Sawyer

Thank you so much netshadoe. I will now do this later today and post the results.

I have a feeling it was Simconnect. It told me I had to update it.

Also, do I really need affinity mask?

No problem.

It shouldn't be SimConnect...MS hasn't updated SimConnect since 2006!!  You have FSX Gold, so you have the latest one!

You don't have to use the Affinity Mask..you can turn that off of you wish.  It was put there as some users of ASN were experiencing freezing issues in FSX.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I hope this is not passed off as a one off problem. I had the same issue, FSX now starts up w/o running many add on like Ultimate Traffic2 and ALL of my go flight hardware.  Before I get too upset, I would appreciate an escalation on this.  I am a LONG time AS user.  I am a home cockpit builder and this is creating a nightmare.

JP

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

I hope this is not passed off as a one off problem.

Best way to do that is submit a ticket at HifiSim.  They track them that way (much like PMDG does).

Also, posting on the HifiSim forum helps too so it doesn't get lost in the AVSIM shuffle (lots of posts and lots of action!!)

EDIT:  I've posted over at the forum at HIFI about this thread.  Even so, I encourage anyone to submit a ticket. 

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I posted a ticket but I suppose it being a holiday they won't respond till tomorrow or later...

Jack Sawyer

Thanks Devin, I have been in the software development business and understand, I am hoping that there is a fix.  Here is what I have found in an XML doc in the appData folder labeled "exe"

"Launch EXE.xml False Fales Couatl False False fsdreamteam\couat]\cpiat].exe  False GoFlight FSX Data Bridge False C: . . . . ."  It lists ALL the add on programs that are NOT loading!

Help.

JP

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Thanks Devin, I have been in the software development business and understand, I am hoping that there is a fix.  Here is what I have found in an XML doc in the appData folder labeled "exe"

"Launch EXE.xml False Fales Couatl False False fsdreamteam\couat]\cpiat].exe  False GoFlight FSX Data Bridge False C: . . . . ."  It lists ALL the add on programs that are NOT loading!

Help.

JP

Hi JP,

Do you have an exe.XML?  If so, can you paste the whole thing here?

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I'd love to Devin, but I can't seem to post anything here or attach a file.

JP

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

I'd love to Devin, but I can't seem to post anything here or attach a file.

JP

he wants you to post the text in the exe.xml not the file itself - open it in notepad copy and paste it here - but you know that just stating the obvious

Rich Sennett

I'm off to Easter supper guys!  Hope you all have a great Easter as well!

Damian is aware of this thread.  He has posted his responses over at Hifi:

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?4624-ASN-crashes-version-5570&p=23780#post23780

Please, don't give up Jack and JP!  It is most likely a formatting problem in the exe.XML and is easily fixed once we can see the exe.XML

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png