Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

Autosave Load, spinning out of control

It's quite frustrating that after hours of flight and then an FSX crash I loaded my FSUIPC autosave flight in the NGX only for it to load spinning out of control towards the ground with no way to recover. Then when the initialization portion ends it still is and there's no saving it. 

Tried loading it at different auto-save point and got the same thing. Tried switching to non NGX aircraft right when it loads and it is fine, that is until i switch back to the NGX and the sim crashes. I have tried it about 8 times now and I can't get it to load normal to continue my flight.

Anyone seen this issue before? ASN is not open during each time either.

Anyone seen this issue before?
I had this happen one time with the 777F. I think the fact that I had Process Explorer open and on the screen was the reason. All the other loads of autosave from the full screen have been fine. I think the key was that I was in the windowed mode with Process Explorer details showing on the screen and this took the focus away from FSX.

It's quite frustrating that after hours of flight and then an FSX crash I loaded my FSUIPC autosave flight in the NGX only for it to load spinning out of control towards the ground with no way to recover.

It's possible/likely that neither issue is cause by the PMDG simulation.  FSUIPC autosave is not a PMDG feature and PMDG has not coordinated with FSUIPCs Pete Dowson in its implementation.  The root problem is your FSX crash.  That shouldn't happen.

Dan Downs KCRP

It's possible the data saved by FSUIPC might be corrupt, especially in the time just before FSX crashed. Loading that could upset the NGX. Are their earlier autosaves to try? Loading from an earlier save might work better. I use an external autosave program and haven't had any issues with PMDG aircraft (though the 747X doesn't restore the FMC very well).

ki9cAAb.jpg

FSUIPC autosave is not a PMDG feature and PMDG has not coordinated with FSUIPCs Pete Dowson in its implementation. 

Nothing needs to be coordinated. FSUIPC's auto-save merely sends a SimConnect command to FSX/P3D to save the flight, and does some file cleanup. The actual flight saving functionality is 100% native to the sim and the addons.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Well, that might very well be.  All I know is that FSX/P3D menu Save Flight method works and your FSUIPC method doesn't.... don't know anything else.

Dan Downs KCRP

fsuipc save and load works just fine I guess I should clarify, it is just this one flight in particular that I couldn't salvage. I did another flight last night that CTD, and the autosave from FSUIPC loaded wonderfully as it usually does except for the case mentioned in this post.

"I did another flight last night that CTD"

Why is this happening?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

"I did another flight last night that CTD"

Why is this happening?

I believe it was ASN simconnect but the new update seems to have solved that.

It's quite frustrating that after hours of flight and then an FSX crash I loaded my FSUIPC autosave flight in the NGX only for it to load spinning out of control towards the ground with no way to recover. Then when the initialization portion ends it still is and there's no saving it.

With the PMDG 777 & NGX I always hit the slew command Y and wait for the countdown before going back into normal play mode.  Sometimes they do start to spin in slew mode, but I hit the stop key -- 5 on the number pad -- and it stops.  I use the slew positioning commands to position it back to an appropriate position.  If it's spun 180 degrees from its proper course, I just turn it back to where it should be.  This happens with saved and autosaved flights.

This doesn't eliminate all problems -- sometimes the A/P kicks off, sometimes the plane starts to descend, sometimes the engines need to spool up.  Annoying but insignificant things sometimes happen w/ the 777,  like the equipment cooling light coming on or the EICAS saying the APU is on when it isn't.  These last two don't need immediate attention.  Generally I can get the aircraft back on track and under control, usually by just re-engaging the A/P.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Just reload the flight a second time while the systems are still intializing.

This works (for me anyway) if needed with the NGX and the T7.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png