Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Add On Scenery Viewer

Hi All:

Does anyone know of a utility out there that will read my lengthy add on scenery file and give me a graphic display of where all the airports are? I have done a reasonable, but not great, job of grouping them by state but I would like to have a quick look at where I have airports for flight planning and debugging scenery issues.

Thanks

Cross my palm with silver... and you will be as wise as I am!

I would like an answer to this question also, for both FSX and FS9 - certainly for debugging issues.

Regards

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Cross my palm with silver... and you will be as wise as I am!

I would like an answer to this question also, for both FSX and FS9 - certainly for debugging issues.

Regards

Sauviat

If you have Google Earth then you are in luck.   The Simstarter program has the ability to scan your .CFG file and then create a KMZ Google Earth overlay map that you can then load into Google Earth and every one of your airports will appear on the map.    I am not at home at the moment or I'd walk you through the whole process but it does exist.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thank you, Brian for this. I have both items, i.e. Google Earth pro and SIMstarter. I too was looking for this answer. Will try it out.

Can now see my selections in Google Earth! Now to understand this a little more!!!

Can it be possible to follow aircraft as a map/chart?

Thanks

Sauviat

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Can now see my selections in Google Earth! Now to understand this a little more!!!

Can it be possible to follow aircraft as a map/chart?

Thanks

Sauviat

Can you kindly explain how you managed that because when I sent that KMZ file and sent it to Google Earth, I see nothing on Google Earth Pro.

Did you use Pete Dawson's software, as per the Simstarter manual? Then use Simstarter to start Google Earth.

Regards,

Sauviat

Martin Parr