Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Flight 1 GTN 750 Pop up in second monitor FPS drops to 1 fps

I got the F1 GTN 750 today after I got my touch screen monitor working.

I  undocked the pop up and moved it to the second (touch screen) monitor and the FPS dropped to 1.0

When I close the undocked window it does not return the FPS back..to 22 FPS it was prior. I have to reload another aircraft to get my FPS.

Hmmm... 

Anyone has this working as undocked window mode without this issue?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I run two of them undocked on another monitor - no frame loss whatsoever.

Hmmm.,.. 

Are you in Windowed mode? I am assuming thats thats the only way to do this?

I have 3 monitor wide view + a 4th monitor the touch screen. Two Windows.

One more Q. How do I move that "GTN Stack" from top left corner to to the bottom right corner?

PS: I am still on V2.3 not sure if that has anything to do with this

Yeah, windowed mode on nVidia surround mode. No 4th monitor. Perhaps that's what is causing the problem.

Yeah, windowed mode on nVidia surround mode. No 4th monitor. Perhaps that's what is causing the problem.

Could you please right click on gps and do "undock" and see if the FPS drops?

I do undock them. I run in window mode ant that's the only way to move them to another monitor.

hat's the only way to move them to another monitor.

You said "Yeah, windowed mode on nVidia surround mode. No 4th monitor. "

So I am confused.. if you have nVidia surround then how would you move to another monitor? (The three monitor within surround) is considered Window 1.

I undocked the pop up and moved it to the second (touch screen) monitor and the FPS dropped to 1.0

Are you by any chance using the frame rate limiter in Nvidia Control Panel or NI? I had a similar problem, apparently it doesn't support dual display configurations properly...

Tym

You said "Yeah, windowed mode on nVidia surround mode. No 4th monitor. "

So I am confused.. if you have nVidia surround then how would you move to another monitor? (The three monitor within surround) is considered Window 1.

My monitors are setup using nVidia surround, but I run the sim windowed. I can run the sim as large or as small as I want and still drag (undocked) windows to the sides of the sim window.

Are you by any chance using the frame rate limiter in Nvidia Control Panel or NI? I had a similar problem, apparently it doesn't support dual display configurations properly...

Tym

Good call perhaps. I remember cutting my frames in half undocking a window while running a frame rate limiter.

Are you by any chance using the frame rate limiter in Nvidia Control Panel or NI?

Interesting.

I just checked my NV Inspector for Prepar3D

I have the setting "Frame Rate Limiter = PS_FRAMERATE+LIMITER_DISALLOWED

I  undocked the pop up and moved it to the second (touch screen) monitor

Hello Manny,  what type/brand of touch screen monitor are you using for your GPS 

I got so excited when I got my 19" ELO Touch screen working properly..LOL :)

Imagine a touch screen with this GPS. Eh!

Now I can't use it! Bummer!  :lol:

Hello Manny,  what type/brand of touch screen monitor are you using for your GPS 

I have the Elo 19" (I forget the model). It has a serial port for touch... It was working on my old PC that had a serial port..but the more recent one did not have a serial port. So all this time I was just using like a regular monitor.. But then because of this GPS 750 I got a Serial to USB HW cable and downloaded the latest driver from ELO and got it working nicely.

This is an old picture with the G1000 MFD on the 4th monitor

8063153828_d1dc69132f_h.jpg

Mother of dear god,   that's a serious set up there Manny,  very nice indeed ,    You must have a very understanding partner   :rolleyes:

I have the setting "Frame Rate Limiter = PS_FRAMERATE+LIMITER_DISALLOWED

Can you try setting it to "Off"? It seems this is a long shot, though...

Tym

Can you try setting it to "Off"?

Hi Tym

Just tried that.. I exited P3D, changed the NI , restarted... and nope... Hmm..

:)

@Manny,

I am wondering just what you are using for your video interface to this monitor. Is it coming from the display port of the same Nvidia video card that drives the three out-the-window monitors? Or is it another video card? Or is it the video port from the motherboard (which would be a real problem)?

Also, the Serial/USB interface for the touchscreen part might be the dramatic slowdown (maybe try to temporarily disable the touchscreen and just use your mouse).

Also,Have you tried adjusting which CPU the GTN display executes on?

Good luck!

I am wondering just what you are using for your video interface to this monitor. Is it coming from the display port of the same Nvidia video card

Hi

Yes its from the same card. I have just one video card. So I have it as 3+1 from the same card.

I have the same setup for FSX and in FSX when I move the Reality xp to the 4th monitor I do not have this issue.

Its only in P3D v2.3  

Let me check this weekend if its the touch screen. and I am not sure how I can move the GPS display to a different CPU. I maybe able to move the process running the GPS to a different cpu core. 

Yes its from the same card. I have just one video card. So I have it as 3+1 from the same card.

I'm running the GTN750 on the same type of setup. NVidia Surround on 3 monitors + a fourth monitor (no touch screen) all running from a single GTX780. I have absolutely no frame drop when undocking the GTN and moving it to the fourth monitor. So it must be someting wrong with your setup. Maybe the touch screen is the problem...

I'm running the GTN750 on the same type of setup. NVidia Surround on 3 monitors + a fourth monitor (no touch screen) all running from a single GTX780. I have absolutely no frame drop

Thanks Carlo

What version of P3D you have and what Version of nVidia driver??

That's good to know.. Then I won't give up.. I'll continue pursing this issue then

You know, In Las Alamos when the the first nuclear test (the Manhattan project) was done, the nuclear secret was out for the whole world. The real secret was not the "How to do it" part, rather the fact that it can be done!

:lol:

I'm running the GTN750 on the same type of setup. NVidia Surround on 3 monitors + a fourth monitor (no touch screen) all running from a single GTX780. I have absolutely no frame drop when undocking the GTN and moving it to the fourth monitor. So it must be someting wrong with your setup. Maybe the touch screen is the problem...

Hey carlito I just got the 750 yesterday it works great but i am not being able to drag the 2D pup up display to my second monitor..any specific configuration ? 

Thanks

As mentioned above, try assigning the GTN to one of the other cores. By default it is set to use "All" cores, so limiting it to use one of the least busy cores should solve your problem.

try assigning the GTN to one of the other cores.

Just for info, I'm not entirely sure that this option still works. I'm sure I remember reading in the latest patch notes that they changed the 'multi-core' behaviour.

That's not to say that you shouldn't give it a go though. No harm in trying!

Neil, that was advice I just read from F1's support forum just two days ago. I have to assume that hasn't changed since then... :unsure:

Neil, that was advice I just read from F1's support forum just two days ago.

Bill, from http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gtn

The GTN will now uses all CPU cores, this provides a smoother overall experience with multiple units. The CPU Core option is no longer available.

Emphasis mine obviously, but like I said, giving it a go wouldn't hurt. Have you got a link to the simforums post? I don't know what to believe anymore  :wacko: 

Neil, see this thread:
http://www.simforums.com/Forums/taws-issues_topic52418.html?KW=core

May 4th:

You need to install version 1.08c and use the CPU Core feature from within the F1 GTN Config to set the GTN to use the least used CPU Core when P3D is running.

The core setting was added back because of many reported issues...