Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

T-tail 757 and DC-10 Twin

Can anybody tell me if these planes ever existed?  Whenever I read about them, everyone said they were "ideas" that never became a reality, but a quick Google search will give you quite a few pics, and they don't look photo shopped at all.

The DC-10 Twin would have been a big competitor for the A300.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can anybody tell me if these planes ever existed?  Whenever I read about them, everyone said they were "ideas" that never became a reality, but a quick Google search will give you quite a few pics, and they don't look photo shopped at all.

The DC-10 Twin would have been a big competitor for the A300.

Possibly an idea during development, but no none ever were built.

Which pictures are you looking at? I've found a couple DC-10 Twin ones that look pretty good, but it's relatively easy to remove the engine from the tail in Photoshop I'd imagine. And the ones that I saw of the T-tail  727 just look silly. And I conquer with what Tom said- none were ever built. (At least, that anyone knows of   :ph34r: )

That would be concur , or was he beaten into submission ?

John

That would be concur , or was he beaten into submission ?

John

Oh, jeez. Thanks for catching that. Unfortunately, I can't edit the post anymore, so in keeping with the spirit of my typo we'll have to perform a conquest of the Boeing factory. Perhaps we'll learn the truth about the T-tail 757 in the process!

Alright, thanks guys.  I really thought they were actual planes especially the Eastern one when you google "dc-10 twin".  I saw a few more that I thought were real, but after reading the descriptions, they were photo shopped.