Sign in to follow this  
sterny70

Disappointing!

Here's one: Thanks for that informative post, Ray. :smile: I prefer those over the one dev trying to bash the other one, which cannot respond.

I'm not a developer in this regard, I'm a customer. How about you not deny me my equal right to discuss a product I purchased... just like you.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Personally, I didn't read that CoolP was referring to anyone specifically there.  

So perhaps we should be patient and see what happens after the SP.

Good write-up (and central message), Craig. Also on the part regarding Bert and all the other modders keeping the planes flying. :Applause: Cannot thank them enough and admire their patience btw.

I'd personally suggest to use the time until one or more service packs arrive to either enjoy the weather or.. fly some GTA V planes. B) 60 bucks on that game didn't lead to a bug-free experience but, I admit, to a lot of fun.

Well it's obvious to me (after reading this thread) - wait for a week's worth of responses to the SP before deciding whether to buy this plane.

As for the title of the thread, at least we got a couple of zingers out of it:

I remember when the ink was still wet on my SEL and I was flying on a 4-engine commercial flight. My soon to be wife told the stewardess that I was a pilot. Being nice, she ask if I was a commercial pilot. Responding with no, just small single engine Cessna experience. She said she would be sure to tell the Captain and if he lost 3 of the 4 engines he may call me up front for advice.

........and if they don't  fix these things .... it's over to Bert !!  :lol:

Bert should have a paypal icon so the developers (and us) can click it and donate to his beer fund.

TAT is a variable from the sim, we can't affect it. Same with actual ISA temp, we can't affect it.

Their equation or variable is wrong then. I've got another addon gauge agreeing with OPUS

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They're using AMBIENT TEMPERATURE... which wouldn't be TAT at all. LOL

TAT == TOTAL AIR TEMPERATURE and the ISA display should be AMBIENT TEMPERATURE - STANDARD ATM TEMPERATURE but that's not what they're doing there either.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Fixed the TAT with help from a guy (thanks!)

Ugh...  I actually enjoy the little temperature readings on the glass displays... the ISA one makes for easy perf chart lookup.  Except it's wrong lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well, I already gave you the correct value.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69