Sign in to follow this  
sterny70

Disappointing!

Just some thoughts about premature releases:

The Hawker is a pretty nice Aircraft regarding eye candy. Well modeled.

The disappointment starts with the Documentaion. There is no Cockpit Guide, no Tutorial Flight, just a few Pages Copied from the real AOM, which doesn't help really.

The Proline 21 Manual doesn't help either, because the Avionics are a complete disaster!

Why?

I won't say anything about the Autopilot, just read the specific topic about this disaster.

The FMS iis also a complete disaster. it's nearly unprogrammable and if you go on a direct to, for example, the aircraft goes anywhere but not to the selected waypoint.

I was too angry to figure out everything thats wrong after wasting my whole day to get this Money-Graveyard working.

Why in god's sake are you unable to release a product that works??!?!

For spending 50 $ i can expect a product which is ready, tested and without bugs.

I feel cheated by Carenado.

So, you've lost a custoimer. This was my last purchase from you.

Sterny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Count me in, this was my pocket money for two months, it's a pure scam, we get pretty textures, a default learjet 45 flight model and poop avionics. Thanks carenado.

I understand Carenado now offers refunds? I no longer buy their products so this is only something I read on another thread, but might be worth looking into.

I understand Carenado now offers refunds? I no longer buy their products so this is only something I read on another thread, but might be worth looking into.

Look on your emailed receipt.

Where in the receipt is this? I just looked at mine, and I see nothing referencing how to get a refund.

Look on your emailed receipt.

Where in the receipt is this? I just looked at mine, and I see nothing referencing how to get a refund.

besides negative comments on FB, refunds might be another thing they deleted....??

Another person reported that he had this refund offer in his emailed receipt, which is why I made the suggestion. I have no knowledge of this personally as I've never bought anything from this developer.

Be glad that you didn't. This one has possible potential, but as of right now it's staying in the hangar.

For spending 50 $ i can expect a product which is ready, tested and without bugs.

I feel cheated by Carenado.

Why cheated ?

They have released three Business jets and none of them have worked correctly or be subsequently patched to an acceptable level.

Why exactly did you expect this one to be different ?

Please explain to me why folks continue to support this stuff, Ryan thought I was getting at him when I asked yesterday, I'm wasn't it's just that I struggle with the concept of throwing hard earned money away when you know the outcome is disappointment.

Why exactly did you expect this one to be different ?

Very true Glynn 

I understand Carenado now offers refunds
This question has come up a couple of times in the last couple of days,   maybe its because i have a smaller brain then normal people,  but could someone please explain to me how anybody would think they could get a refund on a downloadable product,  how is that supposed to work.  It would not take a genies to figure out that it would be open to all kinds of winging silliness 

First of all, complaining on this forum is not going to achieve a fix or a refund. Email your frustrations to Carenado!

Carenado is already known by this community for creating unfinished complex airplanes. The community asks for updates and they only fix a few bugs, then Carenado moves on to a new projects. I hope that they do not this to the Hawker!

As for getting a refund, I'm not sure if they offer one.

How obtuse can we be to buy an unfinished product with a company with this kind of reputation; a software that requires an internet connection to install?

How dumb can we be? If you're not happy with your purchase, ask the developer for a refund.

Elaine, Flight1 has had their 30 day refund policy in place for many, many years. They are most demonstrably still in business in spite of the potential for abuse.

It's only good business sense! It is a sad fact that negative news travels much faster than positive news, therefore one "unhappy customer" has the potential to cause many new sales to be made as a result. B)

Elaine, Flight1 has had their 30 day refund policy in place for many, many years.

Oh ok, i didn't know that.  

It's only good business sense! It is a sad fact that negative news travels much faster than positive news, therefore one "unhappy customer" has the potential to cause many new sales to be made as a result.

Yes of course,  i made several complaints and questions to a certain author  *Not Flight1*  and never even got a generic mail back,  it really does leave a lasting bad taste in your mouth.  Never looked for a refund,  just a simple reply would of taken the sting out of it.  

There is no refund information on the email receipt for the Hawker.

There is no refund information on the email receipt for the Hawker.

Why should it be there?

They know, they publish uncompleted products. If they don't know, they would be stupid as hell.

So why offer a refund option, when it is so easy to draw the money out of their customer wallet?

As i mentioned before: This was my last purchase from this 'company'

Why should it be there?

Perhaps you should do more reading of replies in the thread???

I have a few questions for the folks who don't like this plane. Its Carenado you shouldn't have expected systems modeling to the level of PMDG so why do you complain when the systems aren't modeled to that level? Why do you need a tutorial flight? I was able to figure out how to cold start the plane within about 5 min while sitting in the cockpit. Yea $50 is a good bit of money but to me it was worth it not like there is a ton of business jets available and this one looks very nice. Why does everyone get mad a Carenedo when a few bugs are present yet are perfectly ok with waiting the year it took PMDG to release a service pack for the errors the 777 had on release day?

Carenado is only worth a 'punt" at their xmas sale when heavily discounted but even at 50% off its not worth the money if its buggy!

The flight 1 mustang is $50 and a dream to fly, how dare Carenado put itself in the same price category...

The biggest disappointment for me isn't that it's buggy, which we all knew that it would be, its that Carenado locked out the coding using spb files, so it's not like we in the community can even fix minor bugs now without decompiling these files.

Carenado is only worth a 'punt" at their xmas sale when heavily discounted but even at 50% off its not worth the money if its buggy!

The flight 1 mustang is $50 and a dream to fly, how dare Carenado put itself in the same price category...

The VC textures aren't anything to write home about on the Mustang....

Huh, Really? never heard that from anyone before, can you post a pic?. Besides there is so much glass theres not much else to see except those wonderful WAAS enabled G1000's

The VC textures aren't anything to write home about on the Mustang....

They look great on my rig, may want to check you settings. Each system is different...what monitor and video card are you using?

They look great on my rig, may want to check you settings. Each system is different...what monitor and video card are you using?

i7-4790k GTX980... My point is they aren't of the same quality of Carenado if somone is really into avionics features they should stick away from Carenado. If they want a good middle of the road plane that looks great Carenado is a what you need.

i7-4790k GTX980... My point is they aren't of the same quality of Carenado if somone is really into avionics features they should stick away from Carenado. If they want a good middle of the road plane that looks great Carenado is a what you need.

Uh... no. All this aircraft offers is pretty. Nothing else is even close to being middle of anything.

Uh... no. All this aircraft offers is pretty. Nothing else is even close to being middle of anything.

Please tell me what it lacks? It starts like the real thing flys close enough to the real thing performance wise,looks like the real thing, Avionics wise yes its lacking a bit but I had no problem flying approaches to minimums in it. If a person is like me and doesn't want to read a 400 page manual just to get into the air this bird is perfect for them.