Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Aerosoft Split is out ...but

Ultimately I guess the only thing that will really bite is for us to stop buying products unless it's VAS usage is clearly stated and where you are informed whether you'll be able to use the product with other VAS-intensive add-ons or not. Then you can make your own decision depending on what other add-ons you use.

More than once I've seen how developers respond to these kind of issues by saying things like "Our product works just fine as long as you don't use add-on A, B and C together with our product" and I think that is a very lame way "addressing" the problem.

Thats why I think we need to become more conservative how we spend our money. Nothing bites as hard as realizing you don't make any money anymore as a result of not listening to your customers.

Richard Åsberg

Totally agree.

I just loaded up my home airport made by UK2000 a good size and well done airport VAS 1057

Split much smaller VAS 2400.

I done even see where that VAS has been used? Rubbish.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

so the airport seems to use 1gb of VAS, seems a lot for a small airport imo.

I believe it's more than just the airport, includes buildings and scenery for the surrounding area, harbor, docks, boats, etc.

In P3D I was seeing VAS usage around 500-600MB with these settings:  http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_Titan_X_4K_Set.html

I haven't tested with the PMDG 737, but will give that a quick try.

Cheers, Rob.

VAS usage is clearly stated and where you are informed whether you'll be able to use the product with other VAS-intensive add-ons or not

That's a difficult task, but some 3rd party have attempted to do that via their product documentation.  The best they can do here is run a test on a base install (with ONLY their product) in a specific default aircraft and then NO weather and a very specific set of graphics settings, then do two VC 360 pans and then two external spot view 360 pans ... this will give a "relative" degree of VAS usage.  I don't think it would be fair or possible for 3rd party to test against every single add-on available.

For example I don't know why there is a 400MB VAS difference (increase in FSX) between what David is reporting in FSX and what I'm reporting in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

I fully agree, of course we can't expect a developer to test their product with every add-on out there and all kind of settings that could be used.

However having some kind of baseline like you suggest would help out a lot so anyone can compare with airport scenery they already have using the same settings, default aircraft, no weather and so on. That should take you pretty close to a valid VAS usage value I think.

Richard Åsberg

Split is updated to 1.20 which apparently solves most (if not all) these issues. :smile:

Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT

Just done a test.

Sound problems sorted.

VAS within FSX with MS 172 runway NE VAS 1400 

after take off end of airport turned 180 to re fly over airport and head SW VAS 1600

After heading out over sea VAS 1100

Turned back and flow over airport VAS 1450

All now seems well.

EDIT

Seems people have no light/grass and other things GSX only works with the new beta from FSDreamteam.

hmmm

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Excellent, need to download this update.

Cheers, Rob.

I only realised last week that Orbx released Split LDSP as a freeware airport addon so I use that with no issues. Just not sure how to remove their ground based aircraft so I can have more AI traffic.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

TrafficPilot, please, where did you find ORBX LDSP????

Jack

the Swe3de in Spain

Is the scene OK now for P3D V2?

I updated to 1.2 but it still does stutter ... I haven't located what BGL is causing the stutter on my setup yet.  But in most cases (not all) when I encounter stutters at airports it's usually the runway lights ... so I hunt for runway light BGLs (if I'm lucky enough to see them separated out).

Not sure exactly what the issue is with runway lights for various P3D airports I've got ... render wise they seem rather simple, much more simple than complex airport buildings and the like ... but for whatever reason they seem to cause stutters and performance issues on my setup so usually hunt them down and remove the BGL (if separated out in such a way).

Hoping 3rd party Devs work with LM and find out what's up and if there is some alternate method.

Cheers, Rob.

I updated to 1.2 but it still does stutter ... I haven't located what BGL is causing the stutter on my setup yet.  But in most cases (not all) when I encounter stutters at airports it's usually the runway lights ... so I hunt for runway light BGLs (if I'm lucky enough to see them separated out).

Not sure exactly what the issue is with runway lights for various P3D airports I've got ... render wise they seem rather simple, much more simple than complex airport buildings and the like ... but for whatever reason they seem to cause stutters and performance issues on my setup so usually hunt them down and remove the BGL (if separated out in such a way).

Hoping 3rd party Devs work with LM and find out what's up and if there is some alternate method.

Cheers, Rob.

thank you for your feedback.

I think i'll pass on that one for now. I like when it is a smooth user experience. here it seems not to be the case. too bad.

Maybe it's not the scene dev fault and P3D needs to be optimized in some way. Hopefully this platform continue to evolve and improve so we will see.

Maybe it's not the scene dev fault and P3D needs to be optimized in some way

Yes, I wasn't placing blame on either ... I try to find work-arounds and pass them along, so far Split has me stumped but I'll keep looking.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, I wasn't placing blame on either ... I try to find work-arounds and pass them along, so far Split has me stumped but I'll keep looking.

Cheers, Rob.

yes, and we appreciate your workaround :) (the one for fly tampa copenhagen OOM worked quite well for me)