Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Recommended Posts

i had to find and use a converter...im glad it worked and the mesh is great...but the write up did boast no extra steps needed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rennman said:

i had to find and use a converter...im glad it worked and the mesh is great...but the write up did boast no extra steps needed!

A converter? You only need the 7-ZIP program which is specified in the writeup. May I ask which program you used?


Daniel Moser

 

92logo4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a question. Been using FreemeshX in P3Dv3, and was goofing off flying up the Amazon River. It had the entire river in a pit. I had all my scenery settings maxed out, and I'm thinking this might have been the pit problem. If I recall correctly, think mesh was set at 1m. Should it have been 38m? I know the product wasn't made for P3D, but a lot of stuff works from FSX over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, scrubuck said:

I've got a question. Been using FreemeshX in P3Dv3, and was goofing off flying up the Amazon River. It had the entire river in a pit. I had all my scenery settings maxed out, and I'm thinking this might have been the pit problem. If I recall correctly, think mesh was set at 1m. Should it have been 38m? I know the product wasn't made for P3D, but a lot of stuff works from FSX over there.

Good question scrubuck,

There could be a number of factors here at play, but I believe the major one is that you probably don't have updated vectors for the Amazon River. Updated vectors will adjust rivers, lakes, and ponds to align with the new mesh. Having a mesh is sort of half of the puzzle here -- with any mesh replacement you'll likely want some sort of vector solution as well e.g. FTX Vectors, and one of the reasons I highly recommend is that it plays VERY nicely with FreeMeshX. Unfortunately, that is a payware solution but I would argue it's worth it. If you do have FTX Vectors installed, then it might be a mesh resolution slider setting. I keep mine at 10 m or 5 m. Some weird effects can happen at the highest setting.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Daniel Moser

 

92logo4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey Daniel.

long time to hear from you. hope you are doing well. congrats to FreeMeshX Global 2.0 and FreeMeshX USA Open Beta. I'm looking forward to installing and testing your new stuff.

best regards:

Ewald

  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon, Gainward RTX 2080 Ti Phoenix GS, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB, LG34UM88C-P UHD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 3:06 PM, AviatorMoser said:

Good question scrubuck,

There could be a number of factors here at play, but I believe the major one is that you probably don't have updated vectors for the Amazon River. Updated vectors will adjust rivers, lakes, and ponds to align with the new mesh. Having a mesh is sort of half of the puzzle here -- with any mesh replacement you'll likely want some sort of vector solution as well e.g. FTX Vectors, and one of the reasons I highly recommend is that it plays VERY nicely with FreeMeshX. Unfortunately, that is a payware solution but I would argue it's worth it. If you do have FTX Vectors installed, then it might be a mesh resolution slider setting. I keep mine at 10 m or 5 m. Some weird effects can happen at the highest setting.

Hi Daniel,
   Have installed Antarctica and Oceania, presently uTorrenting down "Europe" :)
So far quite happy with first two. I'm hoping Scotland improves. I have Global, Vector, FTX England, and a fair bit of OzX and further FTX payware (North America). But not FTX Europe/Norway/etc, nor FTX Scotland/Wales/Ireland. PC is over 5 year's old. Asus P7P55D-e Pro i5 quad with 8gb ram and several HDs both internal & external. FSX is on an external via usb3 port. No SSD. Windows 7 Pro.
   Interesting your comment re FSX settings (oh I have FSX Accelerate). Mine are set too high I guess, as with online multisessioning with say five or six people I have both FSX & Plan-G taking turns (sort of) crashing. But multisession with a friend in Canada no problem (I'm Coffs Harbour NSW Australia). I have a river system and several minor PNG airstrips that either trench or plateau. A large river a hundred or so feet above the surrounding terrain is something to be reckoned with!. Using the FTX Central control panel to individually select how Vector addresses some Nepal locale airstrips helped those a little. So yes thankyou for that info.
   Thankyou for these Free-Mesh products and all the work put into them, they really do make the difference in several places. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there i have mixed feelings now about the download of this so called Free Mesh X...

First of all i don't understand or know how to download with bit torrent and no one explain how to do it properly...

Secondly there is an option and links to download from mediafire directly and i try that option, the first time i try download the first file for Africa and it downloaded the full 4.3 GB but the file doesn't open at all... so i try this morning again to download the same file again and it downloaded the full file but AGAIN it does not open at all i do have a program that open 7z files so i don't understand this...!?

So the short of all of this is that i effectively waste almost 10GB of data that cost me easily about R700,00 since a use a wifi router to go on internet with a monthly subscription fee

I could have bought me payware mesh or a very nice airport add-on

Yours sincerely 

Marius 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To use a torrent:

qbittorrent is a good torrent client.

Install it, download the torrent link  and open it with qbittorrent.

If you download large files directly, the use of a download manager

will reduce the chances of the download being corrupt.

The product is indeed free, it is your access to the internet that is not

and when mine was so limited, I treated it with great care.

Edited by Reader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reader said:

To use a torrent:

qbittorrent is a good torrent client.

Install it, download the torrent link  and open it with qbittorrent.

If you download large files directly, the use of a download manager

will reduce the chances of the download being corrupt.

The product is indeed free, it is your access to the internet that is not

and when mine was so limited, I treated it with great care.

Hello there, me again...

Thanks for the explanation on how to use bit torrent downloads i will try that thanks!

I do have a download manager and i must say i use it for years now and i download from all different sites and it works always and if a file failed or is corrupt i just download it again and then it was right and i could open it. So this one was a bit weird for me after all these years i'm downloading....

But anyway THANK YOU again for the reply and i will try to install a torrent client and see how it goes

Have a nice weekend and enjoy your "simming" 

Greetings

Marius     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...