Sign in to follow this  
cropduster

What Screen Shot Program to use with P3D

I just use the "V" key to capture the screen shot then use Photoshop to edit and save as a JPG. Any image editing program would work (depending on what type of editing you want to do) and many folks use GIMP which is a great and powerful image editing package. 

If you just want to capture screenshots to post images here, then all I use is Shift+PrintScrn, then I open MS Paint and copy/paste/save as jpg from there.

But if you want to edit to pro standards, then Mike Adamo's advice is sound.

Hey Cropduster,

This Link will let You know Pretty much all You Need to Know About using Windows Resources for taking Screen Shots 

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Also The Windows  "Snipping Tool " in Vista and above is pretty neat !! - I also use a Program called  "Gadwin Print Screen "

How about Posting some Screen Shots - When You get it all togather ??

Johnman :smile: B)

I've used Grabber2k for the past decade, and see no reason whatever to change to anything new.

It is a tiny 2 kilobyte TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident) utility that's loaded automatically whenever I reboot my computer(s).

It may be configured to save in any of a dozen different formats (although I have it defaulted to JPG), and can be set for full-screen, multi-monitors, or snipped portions of a screen.

You can choose a 'basename' for your screen captures and have it append an indexed sequence number automatically, or simply save the image using a date-time filename.

http://grabber2k-lite.pcfiles.com/

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I use Snapper....links to FSUIPC for position (closest airport or LAT/LONG) and embeds it into the photo if you want it.  All you press is Print Screen and it takes care of the rest.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I use to use snapper, so might try that.

I thought when you press print screen you can only do that once.  If I am on approach and want to take multiple pictures and then load them up later can I do that by pressing "v" or print screen?

I thought when you press print screen you can only do that once. If I am on approach and want to take multiple pictures and then load them up later can I do that by pressing "v" or print screen?

With Snapper, you can press Print Screen as much as you want.  Each screen grab is saved on disk in the directory you specified in order (001, 002, etc) for you to later peruse or delete.

You can also save your photos at any quality you want and even half-size them if you don't want the full screen size.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

No, you can only take another screenshot by pasting the contents of the buffer into another program such as Paint or Photoshop first...

In simple terms, you can only take one at a time.

With Grabber2k you can snap pictures as quickly as you can press the Print Screen (or whatever key you choose) key.

Edit: got ninja'd by netshadoe

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Edit: got ninja'd by netshadoe

"Quick like bull, smart like tractor" :ph34r:

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

The built in Microsoft Snipping Tool. Free an perfect.

Jack

the nSwede in Spain

V key for as much shots as I want and Photoshop to convert the best ones to jpg for posting on the Internet (which can be done with a droplet if you want, so it hardly takes time).

V key for as much shots as I want

Embarrassingly enough the V thingy wouldn't work for me,  as simple as it may sound it just wouldn't work.   I use fraps now for catching moving or Simming shots and use Flicker to edit them,  very happy with the results 

Also The Windows  "Snipping Tool "

Yes i find this method fantastic, i also found this very late in the day, actually stumbled across it, but its brilliant for taking all pics, especially screen shots of graphic settings and so on, everything really, so easy to use.