Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Milviz P38 TacPack for P3d

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Very nice indeed.  Just had a peep on YouTube,  no little sneak peek at all 

Share this post


Link to post

There is a hotfix in the support forum(not the one here at AVSIM) for FSX SE users which fixes a CTD.

Share this post


Link to post

That huge yoke hides quite a few gauges.

Anyone know if it's click-spot removable?

 

gb.

Share this post


Link to post

It is. click on any gauge glass once you want it back.

Share this post


Link to post

It is. click on any gauge glass once you want it back.

 

Ok.

Thanks,

gb.

Share this post


Link to post

Got me the P-38 (TacPack Version). It is a pretty nice model. Nice paints, super cool sounds, very detailed cockpit. Unfortunately i didnt get the machine gun to work. I tried it with the first release. Will test it tonite with the revised version. 

For warbirds lovers a must have. It is a HQ MilViz work.

Share this post


Link to post

Got it (standard version, I don't have any use for TacPack). It's a really nice warbird indeed, and it flies lovely. Do read the manual though, if you don't get your speed right for landing you might break a nose gear or two :P.

 

I do wish it had a Cold & Dark mode or something similar included, and perhaps some of the common power settings (like most A2A warbirds for example). And by that, I mean include them in the Quick Start instead of digging through the Pilot Training Manual ;).

Share this post


Link to post

 

 


Unfortunately i didnt get the machine gun to work.

 

Yep, it doesn't work with the trigger on the stick, but it does work if you press the gun button on the VC yoke. Definitely a programming bug.

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, it doesn't work with the trigger on the stick, but it does work if you press the gun button on the VC yoke. Definitely a programming bug.

Hello Jay,

 

thanks :) I updated the P38 last night. I finally got the guns to work. As you said the trigger on th yoke does not do anything but the keys "SHF-STRG-V" is working. However after firing a few rounds into the Arizona dessert i encounter simulator freeze ups for about 2-3 seconds. Reason might be the labels of the impact of the projectiles generated by TacPack.

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed the TacPac for the P-38L indicates it is for Prepar3D Version 3,  I am running Prepar3d Version 4.3 which includes a Milviz P-38  anyone know where I can get a Tacpac for the P3d version 4.3 P-38 ?   

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, jjpamhawk said:

I noticed the TacPac for the P-38L indicates it is for Prepar3D Version 3,  I am running Prepar3d Version 4.3 which includes a Milviz P-38  anyone know where I can get a Tacpac for the P3d version 4.3 P-38 ?   

 

I didn't think the TacPac worked in 64-bit yet (??).   At least, I have not seen anything about TacPac working in P3Dv4.  If it does, someone will post that shortly!  I would be very interested if it does.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mace said:

 

I didn't think the TacPac worked in 64-bit yet (??).   At least, I have not seen anything about TacPac working in P3Dv4.  If it does, someone will post that shortly!  I would be very interested if it does.

It's been working for a while. The most recent TacPack version works in 4.3 but not 4.4, but I assume that VRS is working on that now that 4.4 is out.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's been working for a while. The most recent TacPack version works in 4.3 but not 4.4, but I assume that VRS is working on that now that 4.4 is out.

Hmm Okay.  Well, then, I have the JustFlight BAe Hawk jet trainer.  It says it is TacPac-capable.  I suppose I would need to purchase the tacpac from VRS and then the rest would be self-explanatory?

Share this post


Link to post

Yes. but what weapon systems does that aircraft have as standard? There are also other aircraft that users have modified to be TacPack enabled.Check out the VRS official forum for more information.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yes. but what weapon systems does that aircraft have as standard? There are also other aircraft that users have modified to be TacPack enabled.Check out the VRS official forum for more information.

It has Magic or Sidewinder AAM's, iron bombs, ventral mounted gun pod, and a rocket pod, among other things.  You can use one of the subpanels to load them visually on the model even if you do not have the TacPack.  Thanks for the info, I will investigate...

Share this post


Link to post

That should be fun. Google CCP which is an add-on that allows you to make land and water AI convoys and use them as mobile targets.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this