Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Hawker SP 1.2 Out

Thanks Ryan just did a flight from Sedona to KPHX - worked perfectly - captured GS - just have to keep doing this route until I get used to the changing from FMS mode to LOC 1 mode (when and how) - I did get it there just not sure how but yes Owl it works and very well just not comfy on the exact procedure as it is different than last version

Hi Rich,

honestly I never had problems capturing GS both with the standard FMS and with Bert's mod addition. At least here, this was never an issue with SP1 and, if my memory doesn't fail, also with the first version. Based on most of reports, problems were mainly limited to the ALT, FLC and in some cases NAV features, along with some inaccuracies in the PFD logic. I am very interested to know if these bugs were somehow fixed. Unfortunately i am drowning in work, maybe I'll give a short try later tonight.

Hi Rich,

Well as far as were mainly limited to the ALT, FLC - I have to use VS speed know on my multi-panel to get it to go to altitudes so maybe your not going to be happy

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,

honestly I never had problems capturing GS both with the standard FMS and with Bert's mod addition. At least here, this was never an issue with SP1 and, if my memory doesn't fail, also with the first version. Based on most of reports, problems were mainly limited to the ALT, FLC and in some cases NAV features, along with some inaccuracies in the PFD logic. I am very interested to know if these bugs were somehow fixed. Unfortunately i am drowning in work, maybe I'll give a short try later tonight.

Ah it is working set your new altitude - then click on FLC button twice - bam it starts to ascend to input altitude - well done Carenado 

29w234w.jpg

Rich Sennett

Why click twice?

I would have thought, click once to engage and add throttle to climb..

Bert

Why click twice?

No idea but I wont complain Bert - hope all is well - happy camper now and thanks for the altitude xml file fix added that works like a charm - just saitek 1 not others

Rich Sennett

Why click twice?

Not sure, but this could be simply related to a faulty click area within the button itself. I had the same problem with the NAV button in SP1. No engagement at first attempt, clicked twice and it magically engaged.

Needs to be tested, of course.

Well not sure about FLC again - didnt work just in AP - heading mode maybe I need to be in another mode but also keep in mind Hawker will not work properly if your trim is not set right - I have a lever on my quadrant setup for this and wondering why it was not adhering to lowering altitude with VS and figured out my trim lever needed to be adjusted to allow this - so your mileage may very you need to find sweet spot on your trim setup - if you look down at trim settings it is about in the middle of CG and TO - I can still only get this aircraft to change altitude by VS adjustment 

Rich Sennett

Has somebody else also some frame rate impact after the 1.2 version? I have the feeling that even the light version has now a lower frame rate then before. Maybe I'm wrong...

Honestly this is the best Carenado I own as far as FPS really happy with them but am running a Titan X so might not be the best to give advise 

Rich Sennett

Hi guys,

tested the SP 1.2. These are my findings:

It follows the ILS and GS nicely. You can now set a missed approach altitude when LOC APPR1 and GS are in green. You can also intercept the GS while in descent. When switching the AP off before landing it keeps the APPR mode armed in white.

The vertical modes unfortunately are still a mess and you really have to be cautious to be in ALTS mode or FLC mode (works more or less) for the AP to level off.

To prepare for the ILS:  It says VOR2 now next to PRESET on the PFD. Change that to VOR1 yellow knob (NAV/BRG) and tune in the ILS frequency in the FMS. When it gets a valid signal (I am guessing) it changes to LOC1 and you can activate it by pressing PRESET. Make sure the course is set with the CRS1 knob.

All in all I am not sure if I am happy. Will there be an SP3 or is that what we have to live with?

In this pic I'm using GPS as the nav source (matches the GPS in magenta on the GTN 750) -

Wow that looks great. Does it actually follow the GS? Have to try that, too, but don't own the GTN750 (yet)

Regards, Perry

If you're flying a RNAV (GPS) approach with LPV minimums it will

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi guys,

tested the SP 1.2. These are my findings:

It follows the ILS and GS nicely. You can now set a missed approach altitude when LOC APPR1 and GS are in green. You can also intercept the GS 

Perry good information have to check your findings out but I believe you are spot on - thanks

Rich Sennett

SP2 is a mess....  the entire FMS/AP/PL21 is just still totally not working.  I'm working in FSX this time because I don't want to ruin the GTN mods in P3D.

If people are getting it to work it's by luck.  

...While you CAN select runways now for SIDS, you can't select a transition.

...If you press NAV mode it disables the current vertical mode.

...Direct to - laughable at best.  I tried this and first the aircraft made a circle.  Brilliant!  Then it finally got back on course.  I think the direct to somehow tries to intercept the previous track to the waypoint you just DTO'd - it's screwed up bigtime though.

...Instead of forgetting the new livery in the LITE version they now forgot it in the normal version (give me a break!)

...FLC is still screwed up.  Overshoots and undershoots like crazy hunting for the IAS selected....

...No ALTS with VS mode.  ALTS should always be armed.

I had hope.  It's lost now.  Back to GTN modified version :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

SP2 is a mess....  the entire FMS/AP/PL21 is just still totally not working.  I'm working in FSX this time because I don't want to ruin the GTN mods in P3D. I had hope.  It's lost now.  Back to GTN modified version :(

Yikes Ryan thanks for the review - doesn't sound good - yah the going around in circles is no fun lol - 

"Instead of forgetting the new livery in the LITE version they now forgot it in the normal version"

I did not notice that - have to check that when I get home - thought I saw both there

Rich Sennett

The paint is present in the folder structure... but they forgot the line in the cfg *sigh*

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |