Sign in to follow this  
danielsb

737 NGX freezing without recovering while taxiing P3D 2.5

Hi, I hope you can help me

I've a problem with the PMDG's 737 on Prepar3d 2.5 (latest version)

I start with the long panel state, everything works as it should, but after all the FMC's configurations, pushback and start up, one minute after starting the taxi towards the runway, the sim freezes. I'm still able to hear the engines running but everything is still, no crash report but it doesn't recover. I've to close the sim with the force close.

I've the latest FSUIPC version. The FSUIPC autosave option is off. I've ASN Next and vPilot working over a network.

It doesn't happens with the PMDG's 777

My specs are:

Windows 7 64bits
Asus sabertooth Z97 mark 1
i7-4790K
16GB of RAM
Samsung850 EVO SSD
EVGA GTX 770

This is the crash report:

Source
Prepar3D exe

Summary
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
?5/?29/?2015 11:54 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
Application Version: 2.5.12945.0
Application Timestamp: 55145f5e
Hang Signature: 3b97
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 3b97e33e20a30b123e3556e32d07c8f8
Additional Hang Signature 2: 5b24
Additional Hang Signature 3: 5b249bc375a4551a559766d976b8b16d
Additional Hang Signature 4: 3b97
Additional Hang Signature 5: 3b97e33e20a30b123e3556e32d07c8f8
Additional Hang Signature 6: 5b24
Additional Hang Signature 7: 5b249bc375a4551a559766d976b8b16d

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 50

Thanks in advance for your help
Daniel

Thanks in advance for your help
Daniel

Hey Daniel,

Welcome to the forum.

From what I know about the AppHang error, it's pretty generic. The error report itself doesn't refer to any specific faulting module, so it doesn't appear to be caused by the NGX specifically. Most guidance out online suggests that people run scans for viruses, and I would also check to ensure that your Prepa3D folders are not being actively scanned by your virus scanners. This latter suggestion will help with simulator performance, and keep the scanner from falsely flagging the processes as malware, which could cause issues.

Full names are required in the forum here, so please ensure that you include this in future posts. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, thanks for your reply.

I'm not running any antivirus, and that freezing problem happens only with the 737 while taxiing. I've tried leaving the plane at the gate for half an hour and it doesn't freeze.

I have never experienced that on the 777.

Thanks again

Daniel Sfondrini

I'm not running any antivirus, and that freezing problem happens only with the 737 while taxiing. I've tried leaving the plane at the gate for half an hour and it doesn't freeze.
I have never experienced that on the 777.

Have you been testing the two aircraft side-by-side? Meaning, have you tested them at the exact same airports, with the exact same weather/settings/etc?

I ask because many users end up flying the two aircraft into different airports. If you're using add-on scenery, this could easily cause an issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Like Kyle said, appHang is pretty generic. In fact, the most common reason is the application is waiting for user input which is not even an error.

Try different things like no VPilot, no weather etc.

Dan Downs KCRP

Kyle, Dan, thanks for your reply

Yes I've tried both the 737 and the 777 on the same airport (my home airport) with vPilot and ASN working and with the 777 I've never had the crash.

Ryan from PMDG's support, told me to try this option, but the problem is still happening. I've forgotten to tell you that with the the same configuration and scenery, in FSX, the 737 doesn't crash.

Try adding these lines to your Prepar3D.cfg

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

I honestly don't know that it'll even do anything in P3D, but this fixed the freeze thing for a lot of people in FSX

Thanks 
Daniel Sfondrini

Yeah, Ryan's advice is first response to appHangs but you are right in that the affinity mask setting is taken care of by P3D and shouldn't be required.

Get the Process Explorer and use it to help define further what is going on.  The FSX freeze event normally looks like CPU activity drops in Core 0 for FSX until just before the freeze "thaws" as it "wakes up."  If you are not seeing that then your appHang is not the typical FSX freeze. 

I run P3D without the affinity mask setting, and I use Process Explorer to give it almost full access to Core 0 by setting ASN to exclude Core 0 and anything else that seems to be using much CPU.  There is an active AVSIM P3D forum nearby that might be a good resource for you too.

Did you rule out the location? That is, has this happened at multiple airports?  Forget that it doesn't happen with the 777 and try the 737 without vPilot... I have no knowledge of how vPilot works but I would want to see a freeze without it before I ruled it out.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi support team,

I have the same problem ! Using P3D V2.2 on a non internet connect system, wihout antivirus etc. ASN is running on a networked machine. I am standing in Edmonton, standart scenery and I also got a complet freeze of P3D after a while.

Sometimes during pressing on the fcu, sometimes during taxiing without pressing anything in the cockpit. I never had these problems with the 777, nor the Airbus X.

Any suggestions or solutions ? If you need more infos, let me know...

greets

pepe ferrer