Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New Super VC10 Panel Upgrade

I'm almost halfway through writing up the Technical and Operational Procedures Manual and following that a tutorial flight from LIPZ to LOWI.

In the mean time I thought to upload a teaser showing the new widescreen panel (it took all day to upload!). The upgrade now has some 700 gauges compared to the original 140! The cockpit enviroment has completely changed with the accompanying engine sounds as realistic as is possible. Engine power settings are correct at all altitudes and demonstrate their raw power at "cold and low" airfields. The model comes with a full complement of passengers, a fuel uplift spreadsheet and loadsheet. Also the CoG has been changed as it was some 15ft too far forward. There have been numerous other background changes as well. In full screen mode view the video from in front of the Captain's T to get the correct perspective. Not bad for a freeby I think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miae5cjbBF0

Fantastic news. Is there anyway this will work in FSX?

Fantastic news. Is there anyway this will work in FSX?

It should do. I don't have FSX but previous updates have worked.

Assume this is the Maltby version then? How did you manage to get it to work in FSX?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Assume this is the Maltby version then? How did you manage to get it to work in FSX?

I'm told that it does work in FSX. I think DM made some small changes to the model . But panel, aircraft.cfg, and airfile wise everything in FS9 will work in FSX.

I have been an admirer of DM for many, many years. The VC and Super I had traveled on for many years are well represented by David and the updates that have followed. FSX is not an issue (for me) and I have the same fun as with FS9. Looking forward to the update! Thank you. 

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I'm told that it does work in FSX. I think DM made some small changes to the model . But panel, aircraft.cfg, and airfile wise everything in FS9 will work in FSX.

Got it installed in P3D no problem. Just waiting for that VC panel update with bated breath.

I think with all the bated breath that is waiting, there is a possibility of strong winds to test the Tiller capabilities! :Nail Biting:

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

One step closer as it were, having just finished fuel jettison and fin tank transfer procedures. The rest should be a lot quicker! I Hope!

Super news !, good that there are still people who like older jets :-)

Not a big fan of "one button jets"...

Artur 

Got it installed in P3D no problem. Just waiting for that VC panel update with bated breath.

Be aware that some xml coding has changed for P3D. For example ">" isnàt recognised. To say that it is 100% compatible I'll have to go through every gauge and check for all the other anomalies.

Looking forward to this too. I love flying the VC10. Thanks so much for your amazing work.

ps. last year I visited Brooklands museum and  got to sit in the pilots seat of the Sultan of Oman's VC10. It was great fun and the aircraft although showing it's age is still very opulent.

Peter Schluter

Looking forward to this too. I love flying the VC10. Thanks so much for your amazing work.

ps. last year I visited Brooklands museum and  got to sit in the pilots seat of the Sultan of Oman's VC10. It was great fun and the aircraft although showing it's age is still very opulent.

Yes, it won't be long before they will have to do a repaint. The cockpit though is in good nick and almost everything works. As you enter the cockpit there are some switches above your head. One of them is the fire bell test! It makes anybody sitting in the crew seats jump a mile :spiteful:

Just a little bit of an update. The nosewheel tiller works very nicely. It's just been a question of sensitivity. A super addition for those simmers who don't have rudder pedals and for those that do just keep it straight until 60kts.

Also I've been passed finally some real engine thrust tables. They were pretty close before but were too powerful at the low end. So now n1 and n2 have been perfectly matched. Climb power is spot on and you'll get a real pocket rocket impression upon take-off. It's a real pity that your sim seat doesn't have force feedback as you would feel the kick in the back on take-off. If you have ever flown in Concorde it's the same.

I'm now adjusting the cruise power settings. One can understand why the likes of PMDG etc have "teams" to do the work. Lucky lot!