Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Best current small jet? (Non airliner)

I know that in years past, there weren't very many good business jets to take for a spin in FSX, and there seem to be a handful out now and I was wondering if any were worth the money, in particular, I think I saw that Carenado has a couple out now, and was wondering if either are fairly realistic? I'd like one of a decent range, so I can go more than a hop and a skip. Thanks. I'm not just looking at Carenado though so if anyone has another suggestion for a non airliner type jet, let me know!

Flight1 Citation Mustang and the Eaglesoft Citation X are pretty good. The Citation X is kind of dated with textures and whatnot, but you won't find a business jet with better avionics as of now. The Carenado kites are lacking in the avionics department, but, they are the best looking, that's for sure.

*The Flight1 Mustang will not work with FSX:Steam, as far as I know.

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

Well, sigh...that would be the Flight1 Mustang.  A beautiful airplane to fly.  But.  Flight1 is not supporting moving it forward to FSX-SE nor to P3D so it's at a dead-end right now. 

If you don't need an FMS then the LionHeart Lear has been getting decent reviews.

There are things in the works...thank goodness.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I believe MILVIZ is working on a Lear 60, and Flysimware is working on a Lear 35. Looking forward to both of those! Probably won't be released for awhile though! There's a major lacking of business aircraft in the FS world, so, it's nice to see some progress.

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

I believe MILVIZ is working on a Lear 60, and Flysimware is working on a Lear 35. Looking forward to both of those! Probably won't be released for awhile though! There's a major lacking of business aircraft in the FS world, so, it's nice to see some progress.

That's good news on the Lear 60...knowing Milviz, the FMS will be well done.  Also, Eaglesoft is working on a number of Citations and other stuff.  It'll be a while there too.  I feel like buying them for just filling in the huge gap...and I really enjoy flying that class of airplane. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

That's good news on the Lear 60...knowing Milviz, the FMS will be well done.  Also, Eaglesoft is working on a number of Citations and other stuff.  It'll be a while there too.  I feel like buying them for just filling in the huge gap...and I really enjoy flying that class of airplane. 

That's for sure! The airport I fly out of, has a lot of private jet activity. So, it definitely got me interested in that type of aircraft. I just wish Gulfstream would actually let people model one of their aircraft! It would be so nice to have a PMDG quality G650!

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

I suggest you look at the recently released Hawker 850XP. The FDE is as good or better than any other available biz jet that is flying today. The Carenado Avionics is still lacking for sure but a full and free replacement with the excellent Flight1 GTN750 by BertP overcomes most of the weaknesses. Hand flies better than most actually and will fly any approach. GTN has WAAS and excellent support.

It is not really a replacement for the FMS, it is an additional model to choose to fly. A bit expensive but we'll worth the money for another year or more until the models in work are completed.

This one also has a full set of LITE models to keep the frames up on the weaker hardware.

Carenado is one of only two developers that doesn't charge extra for FSX, P3Dv2 and SE installers.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

And, I will say this.  I really enjoy flying the Mustang but there are so many ways to get a CTD out of the GNS it's not funny.  None of these airplanes have what I would call a reliable GNS (unless you shoe-horn the 750 in) so, in that sense, any of them will do.  My pref would probably be the Carenado 550, assuming the rest of it works.  For me, I'm going to be flying other planes and waiting.

Gregg Seipp

pretty nice vid.  Explains the situation fairly well.  The Mustang can be finicky to get started.  I just repurchased the Eaglesoft Citation X and am having some success getting my hardware set up this time.  I'll do a post once I've got it set up and get a flight done.

Gregg Seipp