Sign in to follow this  
mtaxp

10.40 (Beta 1) is out!

Ah I see the docs still suggest that based on the old gizmo....cool thanks

Yep - And the docs need updating as I still see lots of people saying that it should be disabled.  I'm glad I kept digging until I found indicators that Gizmo 64bit was good.  Makes a lot of difference with the extended DSFs and pretty clouds!  All that and pretty good/excellent framerates.  As a bonus - the 777 Worldliner has forced me to learn to use an accurate FMC!

John

John Wingold

I just noticed the LOD difference very nice.  Don't think any performance has been hit after the updates but then I have not flown since very long especially in Xplane 10. 

What about this winds aloft ? does it work with NOAA once winds aloft is selected during startup ? Because during startup the box for "download real weather and winds aloft" option is there so wondering if they would be compatible with each other.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

What about this winds aloft ? does it work with NOAA once winds aloft is selected during startup ?

I was wondering where you disappeared to :-).

The winds aloft seems to work fine for me but if using a plugin I guess it all depends on what updates the weather first. However, it's still limited to only 3 layers which limits its realism, but it's better than nothing. Considering it took Austin only a few hours to code, makes me wonder what he could actually achieve if he sat down and worked full-time on X-Plane for a month or two.

I was wondering where you disappeared to :-).

Hey Tony,

What's up ?

have been busy with work and stuff no time to fly and don't have the desktop now I sold it for 200 USD :) so just on the laptop. 

So If Winds aloft is not selected then NOAA weather would not give me it's own winds aloft my understanding.

the Extended DSF is great.

have been busy with work and stuff no time to fly and don't have the desktop now I sold it for 200 USD :) so just on the laptop. 

Same here, I've been busy with work, and haven't done any development or much flying in the past few weeks now :(. I saw a video that blacky posted and an article in PC Pilot about a collective set for helicopters, and I'm now trying to convince my other half that I need one (For development purposes of course ;-). One thing X-Plane does really well is helicopters.

@Tony  you only fly helis ?

Helis?.... DCS World...  Shhhhhh

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yeah I hear good about the helis in DCS.  

Yeah I hear good about the helis in DCS.  

Nothing compares to it... rotary-wing-wise :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yep mostly only helis, although I'm rediscovering the Saab after release of v1.2. 

Yep, still need to get round to making spacing for Windows on my computer so I can install DCS World :-)

@PAJN using a high fidelity Scenery getting good 17-18 fps on the laptop and that Extended stuff has really given the looks X plane 10 now deserves. Hope they sort out AI and Weather now before XP11 comes out.

I want SoundMaxx reading a lot of good stuff about it.

I'm still getting severe stuttering with 353.06 drivers. I'm tempted to roll back to 337 series but I don't want to lose GTAV optimisations in the later ones.

Anyway, bug filed.

And threaded optimization is off? Anytime I install a new driver this gets turned to Auto in my nvidia control panel for xplane.exe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Extended DSF looks good with RTH , I just tried a small test flight @CYPK and with the weather being clear it was great.

Back to winds -- My winds vary routinely throughout the FLs as I ascend and descend.  Even though there are only three levels, the NOAA app seems to update enough to change several times through any of the three.

John

John Wingold