Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

What else besides FSNAV...

Ah, hadn't noticed that free zoom difficulty. It works fine on the version installed on the main flying pc but it doesn't work on the version I've just downloaded to the 'GE' pc. In fact, the version that works is v.4.0.2737 with a build date of Jan 31 2007 so Luciano may be being conservative in quoting pre-Dec '06.The problem I now have is that I installed GE direct from their site because I didn't see the point in downloading the executable so there is no way I can install the older version across to the other pc. No big problem right now because free zoom is not a necessity but I can definitely see its advantages. Re the licence, yes you're right, I have the FSX licence. As soon as I started to read your explanation I twigged what you had meant.Paul Croft15 miles north of EGKK

Hi DonGlad our musings proved of value to you. It's nice to know someone else has benefitted.Paul Croft15 miles north of EGKK

Guest Arry

Hi John,I got it now with your help !There was a dll.xml in the same folder with fsx.cfg, but a different one than the one in the EFBFSX folder.So I copied the EFBFSX part of the dll.xml in the EFBFSX folder into the other one in the fsx.cfg folder.And now it works.But shouldn't this be done by the installer ?Anyway, it is functioning well. Thanks John.Arry

Hi RayMonitor space will always be at a premium and, like you, I don't realistically have space for more than 3 monitors. My main (flying) pc runs 2 monitors and my laptop obviously has its own screen. My third pc displays through the number 2 monitor of the flying pc. This is an old but still effective LG 19" which has both analogue and digital inputs. The output from the flying pc is digital (nVidia 7950 GSX) so I output the video from the third pc as analogue and feed it into the analogue input on the LG screen. To switch between the two pcs all I have to do is toggle the source button on the front of the screen which toggles between the analogue and digital inputs. I find this a very good compromise, especially as I don't need to see all the screens at once and, even if I could, I'm not clever enough to read them all at the same time. :-)Paul Croft15 miles north of EGKK

Hi Paul,I have GE 3.0.0762 which has the zoom feature working okay. If you want I can email it privately. PM me with your address.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Paul,I never thought I'd have enough space for a 24" screen but where there's a will.... :-)My old 19" CRT has dual inputs that allowed me to switch between inputs. Useful when space is at a premium.I used to display the FS Flight Keeper map on the laptop but that was initially minimised with Google Earth taking precedence. However, whilst that is best once airborne FSFK's map is better for finding your way around airports so I now keep that once displayed until lined up for take-off at which point I switch to GE.Another screen fed from the laptop would be great but as you say there's only so much info the brain can compute :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Don,Glad our chat helped. I've now got a perfect moving map where the map really does move and the aircraft stays stationary in the centre of the screen.However I still need a good FSX flight planner and I'm content to wait until FSNav5 arrives. What would be useful is a program that takes FS9 plans and converts them to FSX format.If FSNav5 fails to materialise then FSBuild probably looks favourite now that I don't need the moving map element of a planner and I fly the 737NG predominantly.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Do we know when FS5 is suppose to appear?-------------------------AMD Dual Athlon 4400+ @211 2G XFX Geforce 7900GSViewSonic 21" VX2025WMXP SP2

If you mean FSNav v5 then probably never. The website hasn't been updated in over a year and the author has never replied to any requests for news.Draw your own conclusions and start looking elsewhere.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello,"What would be useful is a program that takes FS9 plans and converts them to FSX formatI use AIFPC... an image is beter than a long discussion , see attached.Works very well.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64