Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Unbelievable XPX rendering performance since .b5

Amazing. I only have the .40b5 demo but sitting at KSEA with these settings on an 4790K with a 970GTX the frames are down to 4. On 4K though.

Something wrong there. 4K should not take a huge bite out of a 970GTX. I get 30-35 with very high settings at KSEA in standard HD on a 4690k clocked to 4.2 and a 970. Drops to mid 20's with a complex addon. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Huh? 4.2 GHz isn't high. I had mine at 4.5. Many go higher

I guess I'm out of the loop on processors.  I have an i7-4790K which is 4.0 which is fastest one I know of.  Perhaps with the reduced features, speeds can be pushed a bit.  To be honest, I've never looked at i3 or i5 chips and didn't know any of them were unlocked.  Learn something new every day....

I've never seen an i5 clock that high but good for you!  I'd first check your log.txt file and see if there is anything in there causing a slow down - like a "bad" custom scenery file in the tile-vicinity in which you are flying.  Are your fps rates better in some parts of the world than others?  If you fnd a file with a lot of "errors" in log.txt, remove it temporarily (or fix them!) and see if that's the offending file.

I bought the i5 2500k about 5 years ago. Since i built my rig its stable at 4.2Ghz. 

The only errors i have in the log.txt are translation errors from Xplane from english to german.

There is something that I take seriously...that is the O.S. performance and what services starts up with the O.S.  I might suggest that you use the Action Center and then use the Performance Tuner

I'll try this. Thanks.

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

One more thing, I have always allowed in my system budget, to get the most-featured and stroked Windows of all the series. XP, W7, and will be getting W10 Pro for free. You get so many features and system tweaks to keep your system running at its best WITHOUT the need to do a full (ouch!) clean install...

No offense @Sesquashtoo, but I don't agree that the Pro or Ultimate versions are "better" for simming.  These use the exact same kernel for running programs but add a lot of very useful but RAM-using additional features that can only slow things up, not speed them up.  I don't know of any features in Pro or Ultimate that you don't have in Home Premium that relate or help "tune" the system.  Every monitoring feature costs RAM and CPU cycles.  These versions were made with corporate needs in mind and have links to and features for networking, databases and other "work functions."

Mitch, just a tip about your scenery_packs.ini. You have a few UK airports, but you have World2XPlane scenery above these airports, so most likely these airports won't work correctly and have blocked out buildings, etc.. You need to place all World2XPlane sceneries below any airports you have installed. 

Edit: Just a note, only 20 images are allowed per page as per the Avsim rules, and this has gone slightly over. Think of the folk with bad internet connections (i.e. Like me :( ).

Yes...I started to count...and then crossed over to post 2. Sorry...was a mistake... and Tony..I thought I had all W2XP files at the bottom. Could you please show me, what files are not placed correctly so I might reorder by cut and paste?  Thanks...

Yep...will start keeping a better tab on my pic count..and less on my exuberance, LOL!  

I bought the i5 2500k about 5 years ago. Since i built my rig its stable at 4.2Ghz. 

The only errors i have in the log.txt are translation errors from Xplane from english to german.

I'll try this. Thanks.

Captain, it works...the O.S. can get 'invisibly choked' with all the files and programs we add on...and only think they get called into play when wanting to use them...NOT...not at all...those sneaky, nasty services keep the fires burning.... no matter what you are doing, and as long as the computer is running! :ph34r:

Just the one SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Great-Britain_osm-ag/ , the others are all good 

Just the one SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Great-Britain_osm-ag/ , the others are all good 

So, where would you suggest in my line up..that I cut and paste it in?  I'm going, where you would go, lol!

Thanks!

Mitch

I'd put it with all your US World2XPlane scenery towards the bottom of the file (As long as it's below any of the UK airports)

I'd put it with all your US World2XPlane scenery towards the bottom of the file (As long as it's below any of the UK airports)

Thank you...here's a cup of Jamaican High Mountain Coffee. The finest coffee bean blend in the world!

Too dang expensive a pound..but you are what you sip...lol

Thanks again Tony...will move that down!

Done..this is where I dropped it to:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/
Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_North_America_v2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Great-Britain_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_France_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Germany_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Greece_hd/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Monaco_hd/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Norway_hd/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Portugal_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Spain_ihd/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Switzerland_hd/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Asia_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Central-America_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Australia-Oceania_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Austria_osm/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Canada_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Italy_osm/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_South-America_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_US-Midwest_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_US-Northeast_osm-ag/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_US-Pacific_osm-ag/

Done..this is where I dropped it to:

Yep perfect. That should stop you getting any problems with UK airports if you fly there in the future :-)

Yep perfect. That should stop you getting any problems with UK airports if you fly there in the future :-)

Always, a great help to this forum.  Thank you, Tony...thank you!

Mitch

I'm not getting the performance Mitch is getting in b5, but I'm sure having a blast in the FJS 737-200

FJS_732_TwinJet_2.png

FJS_732_TwinJet_3.pngFJS_732_TwinJet_4.png

I wonder if it's got to do with older NVidia drivers? Mitch, what version are you using?

I guess I'm out of the loop on processors.  I have an i7-4790K which is 4.0 which is fastest one I know of.  Perhaps with the reduced features, speeds can be pushed a bit.  To be honest, I've never looked at i3 or i5 chips and didn't know any of them were unlocked.  Learn something new every day....

Oh maybe you meant stock frequencies....  then yes the 4790k is the fastest I know of.  But a lot of us bought a i5 2500K back in 2011 - mine's actually not that great, as the overclock has died off, but I was OCed to 4.5 for a while.  Some people run 5+ GHz.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm not getting the performance Mitch is getting in b5, but I'm sure having a blast in the FJS 737-200

FJS_732_TwinJet_2.png

FJS_732_TwinJet_3.pngFJS_732_TwinJet_4.png

I wonder if it's got to do with older NVidia drivers? Mitch, what version are you using?

The 337.88 WHQL Suite  :rolleyes:

No offense @Sesquashtoo, but I don't agree that the Pro or Ultimate versions are "better" for simming.  These use the exact same kernel for running programs but add a lot of very useful but RAM-using additional features that can only slow things up, not speed them up.  I don't know of any features in Pro or Ultimate that you don't have in Home Premium that relate or help "tune" the system.  Every monitoring feature costs RAM and CPU cycles.  These versions were made with corporate needs in mind and have links to and features for networking, databases and other "work functions."

I have always had great success in anything I would do with them, 'M'. I have never seen anything that has slowed me down, but only great things with all the power tweaks and programs for maintenance that are included, as native core.  Just sayin' :)