Sign in to follow this  
Cras

Hangs on Descent Checklist

Twice now I have had my flight ruined because FS2Crew hangs the sim on Descent Checklist.   I set up the values in the secondary panel for my approach, I then tell the FO 'Lets start settnig up for the descent', I then go about my buisness of tuning the radios, setting up the FIX pages, entering the descent forecast in the FMS and the sim just hangs and it is when FS2Crew is displaying 'DESCENT CHECKLIST'.

Twice in a row now I have lost a flight at this exact same point, the previous attempts I have tried using this reboot were no-gos at the gate beause the program was not detecting any speech.  Even this last flight had this issue, I had to close out the sim and reload it to get FS2crew to even start correctly.

I would revert to the classic version at this point if it didnt mean having to reinstall the entire aircraft again, which I already had to do to install this version.

This is using the latest NGX version redownloaded from PMDGs website, FSX:SE, SOP1.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Hi Scott,

Tough one.  We've never had reports of a hang around the Descent checklist.

Does it hang when you call for the Descent Checklist?

Also, try making a flight using a different route to rule out some scenery issues.

I do not get to the point for calling the descent check.    The first attempt it froze when I was looking at the descent forecast page after entering the winds and was off looking at the approach plate, this last attempt I had complete the forecast page and was entering DME rings into the fix page and the sim just froze up.   Both times I didnt complete the couple tasks I wanted to before calling for the checklist.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

This is not Fs2crew! Does the sim hang on you when using the CDU?

Vernon Howells

Can you look what "error" this was? You can check this under "Control Panel -> Administrative Tools (set small icons) -> Event Viewer -> Windows Loggs / Application".

Philipp Schwaegerl

Its a common thing for the FSX to freeze while using the NGX CDU its happened to me a while back.

The first attempt it froze when I was looking at the descent forecast page after entering the winds and was off looking at the approach plate, this last attempt I had complete the forecast page and was entering DME rings into the fix page and the sim just froze up.

That doesn't sound like FS2crew freezing your sim! More like scrolling through the CDU thats causing it to freeze. Likr i said thats happened to me.

Vernon Howells