Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Version 2.9 Update Process

Hi Steve,

I am a little bit confused: in the mail from FSS I got, the update process is listed comparable to the old one: remove libraries, uninstall DX10 Fixer, reboot, reinstall Fixer and then reinstall libraries. The last updates I did as you recommend here, I simply ran the installer and updated the libraries. Which one is now correct for the 2.9 release?

Thanks for the help

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Greetings,

I missed v.2.8 and it is now no longer available (Fastspring site) -- can 2.9 be installed directly on top of 2.7, too ?

Cheers,

Martin

where are you reading this update process?

The process should be as described here - just run the installer.

The update process I described was sent along with the notification that  v2.9 is available directly from FSS mail support. Thank's for the clarification, might be worth to tell FSS that the update process is simplified now...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I was too fast to follow FlightsimStore procedure :(

The recommended Update Procedure is to uninstall and then install the new version as follows:

1. Uninstall the libraries using the option in DX10Controller
2. Open Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs and remove SteveFx – DX10SceneryFixer
3. Launch the downloaded FSS Installer for the new version and follow the instructions, reentering your key if necessary.
4. Launch DX10 Controller and Install the libraries
5. Read the Manual!

and I loose all my parameters I was happy with (but that I don't remember...)

I have a backup of everything (I am a bit paranoiac), Is there a file to recover to get them back as before ?

Next time I will create a profile, I promise. :blush:

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, but apparently, there is no way to update my previous post...

So far, on my system and in my saves I found several DX10.INI

- C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\DX10SceneryFixer\DX10.INI     (Two of them, the admin user and the "real" FSX user)

- C:\Users\Public\Documents\DX10SceneryFixer\DX10.INI       (with new options)

- C:\ProgramData\DX10SceneryFixer\DX10.INI                        (with same new options) + DX10Patches.ini  and DX10Product.ini which have not been updated during the new install...)

Can I safely restore the DX10.INI in AppData\Local ?

Or, if you think it's better, can you tell me what's are the options I have to activate/desactivate if i send the "diff" between the old and the new...

I apologize for my recklessness...

Thank you so much.

Gérard,

An happy user of DX10SceneryFixer (my very first payware !!!).

Dear Steve,

Just to clarify, I can install the 2.9 version over the existing 2.8? No need to follow the FSS instructions?

Thank you.

Ok, I ran the update process this weekend, seems to work fine. BUT: my cockpit shadows are gone. I tested the A2A Cessna 172 and there, while the self-shadowing outside seems to be fine, my cockpit shadows are gone. This is with Windows 10, might be related to the OS, no? Had no time to test other planes so far...

Anyway, while my FSX installation seems to work without any issue on W10, things change as soon as I start to fly around. Somehow, I run into OOM very, very fast using W10, do not ask me why. Five minutes max, then my FSX is gone with the usual OOM message. Strange. I hope, I do not have to perform a re-install, this would take me ages...

Greetings, Chris