Sign in to follow this  
787WannabePilot

Odd sound on cold startup?

Just recently purchased the 737 NGX (been using the 777 for about a year now, what a huge difference between the two).

I am starting at the gate with the cold start as my default loadup. When I am looking around the cockpit, I don't hear any background noise (such as a motor / engine running).

Once I pan outside however, and then cycle back into the cockpit, I started getting the background noise.

Is this normal? (I swear I am not going nuts)

I have some strange issues also with sound sometimes. If I turn off the engines from the VC and switch the external view and then back to the VC, I sometimes get the sound of the engines running at full rpm. 

Just disabling / enabling fsx sound (Q by default) fixes the issue.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I will give it a try, thanks.

Last question.

When I was flying in the 777, I was able to "request a route" from PFPX which loaded everything and allowed me to request an IFR clearance from the ATC.

I don't have an option for that in the 737, its all VFR. Is there a work around for that? Or was that only available in the 777 ?

ETA: Found a workaround. Need to export to both PMDG and FSX, then load it into the flight planner.

Thanks.

Right, both NGX and 777 have separate flight plan folders under a general Flightplans folder; so, you could put the flight plan files in the parent Flightplans folder for either aircraft but I've found it easier to separate the two because the routes are usually very different.

Another difference is the 737 does not upload wind or performance information like the 777. There are actually a lot of differences even in how you fly an arrival and approach so be sure to review the Introduction and fly the tutorials.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have some strange issues also with sound sometimes. If I turn off the engines from the VC and switch the external view and then back to the VC, I sometimes get the sound of the engines running at full rpm. 

Just disabling / enabling fsx sound (Q by default) fixes the issue.

I get this same issue all the time. Wish I knew why it was doing this.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST