Sign in to follow this  
RedSpinnaker

Is search (by Forum) disabled?

I'm able to search the all the forums using the search box in the upper right. However, searching a specific forum yields no results.

For example, a search for "repaint" site wide, yeilds 6k+ results. Going to one of the forums which contains some of those results, attempting to search for "repaint" in that forum shows no results.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

I don't know about that but I used to be able to click on MSFS and get all the messages that were for MSFS and not Steam. Now it says there are 0 files. Bob.

I'm able to search the all the forums using the search box in the upper right. However, searching a specific forum yields no results.

For example, a search for "repaint" site wide, yeilds 6k+ results. Going to one of the forums which contains some of those results, attempting to search for "repaint" in that forum shows no results.

So, when you go to, say, the FSX Forum and click on Google, This Forum does not show up.  It does for me.

I don't know about that but I used to be able to click on MSFS and get all the messages that were for MSFS and not Steam. Now it says there are 0 files. Bob.

Agree.  That problem exists.  Our system is currently being updated and the process has not been completed.  Our tech was working on the servers over the weekend.  We have links to things like the FSX Configuration Guide not working too.  We are learning.  These are housekeeping chores Tom took care of.  We want to upgrade the system first then fix the links.  Not sure how long this will take.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

Hi there! I may not have been as clear as I should have. It appears the indexing by forum may not be working (or I'm not using it as intended).

In my original example, search for "repaint" yields 6k+ results. Navigate to the following forum:

The AVSIM Community -> Commercial Support Forums (Official and Unofficial) -> The Unofficial Alabeo Support Forum -> C404 TITAN FSX/P3D:

http://www.avsim.com/forum/738-c404-titan-fsxp3d/

Search for "repaint" in the upper right search window (with Google selected), same 6k+ results. Change Google to "This Forum" and it yields no results (despite several threads on the page with "repaint" either in the title or content of posts. The same happens when trying to narrow search results by forum via Advanced Search options.

Is there is another way to just search specific forums that I'm missing?

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

the 'search forums' function isn't working ... wanting to assure this is understood.

to duplicate -

1. in search field box in the AVSIM header type 'feelthere'
  2. change search to 'forums'
  3. result is 'zero posts' (which is incorrect).

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

the 'search forums' function isn't working ... wanting to assure this is understood.

to duplicate -

1. in search field box in the AVSIM header type 'feelthere'
  2. change search to 'forums'
  3. result is 'zero posts' (which is incorrect).

This is a fact and I have confirmed.  The search forums function is not working properly.  Apologize for the inconvenience.  We just upgraded the servers.  We installed a storage area network - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storage_area_network .  They servers and SAN are not communicating properly.  Our tech (Brian) was on site this past weekend and is in the process of upgrading and updating the system.  We hope the problem is temporary.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is a fact and I have confirmed.  The search forums function is not working properly.  Apologize for the inconvenience.  We just upgraded the servers.  We installed a storage area network - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storage_area_network .  They servers and SAN are not communicating properly.  Our tech (Brian) was on site this past weekend and is in the process of upgrading and updating the system.  We hope the problem is temporary.

Best regards,

Jim,

Thanks! Appreciate the quick reply.

Have a good day.

Try again :)  Should be fixed

Seems to be working here...

Thank you for the quick fix!