Sign in to follow this  
sgtozzie

DX10 Fixer for WOAI

Hi Steve,

I was asking the guys in the FSX SE section about this and they told me to ask you.

Honestly, this might be to complex to answer here, why not asking Steve directly in his sub-forum here on avsim? Simply open a thread over there an ask specific questions, for example "will the DX10 fixer allow all WOAI models to be used?". I am pretty sure that you will get a definite answer pretty fast from Steve.

I read some where that the WOAI AI Model Packs don't work with DX10 (Texture issues). To be honest, I never used to use DX10 until recently when I installed FSX SE, then I gave it shot. For FSinn, I want to expand the library and previously used WOAI and UT2. 

Now I only have UT2 and want to get either WOAI/IVAO but unsure if there will be issues with DX10.

Can the DX10 fixer fix the issues for WOAI if they come up?

Can the DX10 fixer fix the issues for WOAI if they come up?

I´m not Steve, but yes WOAI works fine, please see two different pics at day in Seattle and at night in Victoria BC exclusevly with WOAI stuff. This might not be 100% representative, but I think many WOAI airlines and aircraft types are shown here ;-) 

Wulf

KSEA_WOAI_01.jpg

CYYJ_WOAI_02.jpg

Always worked fine on my end as well, for both FSX and P3D.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

works fine for me. FSX:SE + WOAI + DX10Fixer.

only downside to using WOAI, which has otherwise excellent models, is that all, and I repeat ALL aircraft textures don't have mips, which causes the planes to shimmer ingame.

I'm almost through with the painstaking process of adding mips to the literal hundreds of the WOAi textures in my Airplanes folder.

I'm longing for a tool which adds mipmaps to textures in subfolders.

Hi, since switching to DX10 my WOAI aircraft are sometimes invisible. I can only see their lights (nav, beacon, strobe, landing). This happenes randomly. But when happenes they do not appear theough entire game sesssion.

It makes me thinking about switching to some commercial traffic addons as i wont come back to DX9 anymore since i have Steve's fixer.

However any help will be appreciated.

Rgdrs,

K

If you have aircraft casts shadow on ground then ai will not appear at some legacy airports, I thought it was dx9 as well but may be mistaken.

You are not mistaken. I also often mix those things up, but I can say with almost 100% that the invisible AI aircraft issue is not related to DX9 or DX10, but to the fact that some FSX addon airports using some old FS9 code results in invisible AI traffic models if the option "aircraft casts shadows on ground" option is enabled. Two solutions: either turn this option off or use only FSX-native AI traffic models (UT2 provides this for example, WOAI does not).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS