Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

Mindstar GNS 430/530 Installation in Prepar3D v3

Is there anything that we have to do special in order to install the 530 into the newest version of Prepar3D?

Thanks,

John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For those following along.  The GNS530 does not work with v3.  :-(

John

Correct.

Next time, wait for us to release an update. :smile:

Ed,

Thanks. for the update.  My A2A and Milviz planes are installed and waiting for their avionics to be installed.   :smile:

John

Is it out of line to ask for a timeline as to when the GNS530 product will be available for Prepar3D v3?

Thanks,

John

You can ask... but we never give release dates on anything.

So I'm not going to ask when but I am going to ask how?  Meaning when will we know when the GNS530 has been released.

John

I'll update this thread.

Right now we've got a rather serious issue in the 430/530 and G1000 that we need to address for active training systems.

Don't mean to jostle your elbow, but is there any update on v3 compatibility?

In progress... but then you already knew that.

Just a quick update... work is still ongoing for the installer for Prepar3D v3. We apologize for it taking this long... unfortunately sometimes things go wrong (horribly so) and we have to spend time correcting it.

I'll let you know as soon as the new installer is in place for download.

When is ready,Please post it in the Prepar 3D  forum so most of us are aware.

I will post it here, in our support forum. It's the correct thing. The Prepar3D forum is not our support forum and we should use it as such.

Hi Ed, is a v3 installer far off? I check back here every day but if it's not going to be available until after xmas I'll just make do for a while.

Kind Regards,

-Dan

Update on this: The installer is in the testing phase. While one might think this is the easy part... heh... screw things up here and people get really mad. LOL

Hi Ed,

I sent a query to your customer support email just asking about WAAS implementation - I didn't receive a response... Are you guys still working on the WAAS implementation for your product - any status you can share ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Well, is there something about WAAS you're asking about? WAAS approaches are already supported.

Hi Ed,

Oh - then my apologies - I looked at your website and somehow I got the impression that the WAAS functionality was still a work in progress... LOL - it's tough getting old... So these units will provide vertical guidance to autopilots on LPV approaches ??? If I recall correctly - RXP had to work some magic to do this - as the functionality wasn't part of native MSFS... I'm looking to transition to your products and I was hoping for similiar features...

Regards,

Scott

No... we don't have a hack into the core sim to drive the default glideslope variable. Trainer certification tends to not happen for software that takes that approach. One update to the core sim and the entire trainer is dead until we release a new gauge? No... not a good thing.

I believe we offer replacement gauges in our 430/530 panel.cfg files that support the vertical deviation signal from our 430/530 units. We also provide that variable for any other 3rd party that wants to support it... and I believe A2A is one company that supports it.

Looking for an update on the v3 installer.  Just curious.  If you're looking for a beta tester, PM me.

John