Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

DisplayUnit and Electronic Flight Bag

353b4td.png

I use the PMDG-737 and purchased the ElectronicFlightBag program.

By reading the manual I am under the impression that I should be able to get data

in the DisplayUnit. ( see link above as an example )

Unfortuantely I cannot see a DisplayUnit in the PMDG-737.Why ?

How to implerment and then where to find it ?

Thank you for your help

HubertWernie

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortuantely I cannot see a DisplayUnit in the PMDG-737.Why ?

How to implerment and then where to find it ?

As mentioned in the Intro Manual, certain aircraft come with different options. Some aircraft have an option to use the ENG and STAT pages that will display on the lower DU. Others will not, depending on their options. You can change these options as described in the manual in order to gain access to these pages. Additionally, depending on what options are used, the STAT page will display different amounts of data.

The UAL livery, as an example, will not use this feature (though they do now, since they converted to the new option). The DAL livery will.

EDIT:

The above image that you posted is of the EFB. You will not find that display in our aircraft, and you won't find it in a number of real aircraft as well, as many operators prefer the portable EFB (like an iPad) for various reasons. My writing above described the Lower DU availability, which is what I'd assumed you were referring to.

Hubert,

I'm curious to know, where did you purchase the EFB program ?

Thanks,
Ben

I'm curious to know, where did you purchase the EFB program ?

It's not a PMDG thing. I'm guessing he's referring to (incorrectly) a Navigraph subscription, or something like the Aivlasoft EFB.

He is using the Aivlasoft EFB, and I think is getting confused about the generic Boeing EFB documentation in the manuals, the hardware for which is not present on the PMDG modelled airplane. Perhaps he thought the Aivlasoft display unit could somehow integrate with the NGX.

This is not the case, it runs as a separate and independent app from FSX / P3D.