Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Horrible frames after reformatting and SSD Upgrade

About a month ago, I reformatted my computer and installed 2 new SSDs. One for the OS and one for FSX. Ever since reformatting and installing the new drives, my frames on the ground have been horrible until I reach a higher altitude. I know this might make sense, but I have never had a performance issue with my system. I have always stayed locked at 30 unless I'm pulling through multiple layers of clouds. A clean Windows 7 install was performed without any issues. On the ground, I'm averaging in the low teens as to where I was locked at 30 before. FSX has been tweaked using the AVSIM guide and all sliders are where they were before. Anyone have a direction that they can point me in to get this issue corrected?

I use the PMDG 737 and 777, A320/321, REX4 and Soft Clouds and Orbx Global with Vector. 

Alienware Aurora 

i7-3820 @ 4.2

8GB Ram

2x 250GB Samsung Evo. 

GTX970

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Trans, I recently built up a smokinnmachine too. I had the same issue. We discovered we had installed the vid card in a non pci x2 slot. When we moved the card to the correct pci slot..she was cookin again. If you moved the vid card for your SSD install, might check the vid card. Just a thought

Best,

David

Hi,

If you haven't checked already, it's worth looking at programs that run automatically at system startup. My frame rates recently dropped suddenly from the 40-60 range to around 20, and sometimes even single figures. Various attempted fixes, including rebuilding fsx.cfg and turning graphics to very low settings, didn't lead to any significant improvement, so I checked my startup items with msconfig.exe. I found that Java Platform SE Auto Updater had somehow become included in the startup items, and when I disabled it, my fsx performance was immediately restored with no need to turn my settings down.

Dugald

Sorry for the late response, Gents.

A ton of things came up for work last week. 

I checked my startup programs and have less than 10 that boot. The ones that boot are for my sound card, video card and a MS service. 

Video card is also in the same slot that it has always been in. I'm tossing around the idea of moving to P3D v3 and also building a new system. This one is going on three years old. I recently updatec the BIOS Firmware and after, lost my ability to manually change my CPU Speed. I'm now limited to Stock, Overclock level 1 and level 2... Thanks Dell.