Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Norway Pro (Work in Progress)

Thanks a lot for this one, Tony.

One question: Whilst downloading Norway-Pro I stumbled upon the Denmark-Pro Scenery and downloaded that, too. Strange thing is, Norway-Pro is working without problems but Denmark-Pro refuses to be loaded by XP with a an error on the loading screen. Here is part of the log.txt:

0:00:50.115 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:50.115 E/SYS: | Error loading the scenery package: Custom Scenery/denmark-pro/
0:00:50.115 E/SYS: | X-Plane cannot run with this package installed - you may need to remove the custom  scenery package.
0:00:50.115 E/SYS: | Please see the log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:50.115 E/SYS: | http://lookup.x-plane.com/_lookup_10_/broken_custom_scenery.html
0:00:50.115 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:804)
0:00:50.115 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double checked if all libraries and latest World Model Masters from your site are installed and everything seems to be fine.

Do you have any clue what's wrong with my installation?

Is there anymore in the log file? I'm able to run both together, so not sure what the error is trying to say.

Ah, yep I see the problem. Can you try the following:

Open the denmark-pro folder and take a copy of the facades folder and paste it into the norway-pro folder.

Let me know if this works and I'll patch the upload for others.

Ah, yep I see the problem. Can you try the following:

Open the denmark-pro folder and take a copy of the facades folder and paste it into the norway-pro folder.

Let me know if this works and I'll patch the upload for others.

That did the trick! Thanks again for your great work and help!

Great, thanks for the info. I've patched the download, but if anyone else has the same issue, this will save the redownload

I'll make that my second trip, I absolutly MUST check out my hometown Bergen first:-)

I once did all the tiles "down" there up to Geiranger, I will try to make them suitable for upload on zonephoto in a reasonable time.

I just tested a flight from Bodo to Tromso, congratulations Tony !

Best whishes

I once did all the tiles "down" there up to Geiranger, I will try to make them suitable for upload on zonephoto in a reasonable time.

I just tested a flight from Bodo to Tromso, congratulations Tony !

Best whishes

That would be awesome:-)

Fantastic work on Norway Pro Tony, not much to put muy finger on yet:-) Performance is great, I'm doing 60+ fps in Carenado F33+REP, with fairly high settings.

One suggestion to those who are using UrbanMaxx, disable it, it really destroys this package.

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I seem to have some issue with the load order on this one :(

As far as I understand, all "Pro" releases, should be in the bottom of the load order, just above the meshes. The problem is, it does not load properly when I do that. 

If I put them on top of my load order they do load, but any payware airport in the area is then missing. 

Lena, when you say it doesn't load, do you get an error?

You are correct in that should be above any mesh or photoscenery, but below everything else. Payware airports should work just fine

It used to give me error saying that "Scenery May Not Look Correct" but I reinstalled all the libraries and it stopped. 

I know the topic is about the Norway, but I will use the GB Pro as it's easier to make an example - I have Aerosoft EGCC (Manchester) airport and GB Pro installed. If the GB Pro is loaded just above the meshes, the airport loads just fine, but the city is "missing" and the remain builidings are covered in forest. If I do it the other way around, then airport is missing but W2XPL loads and the city loads perfectly.

The only reasonable explination I might think of, is that I'm just silly and Aerosoft EGCC overwrites the environment around it somehow, hence the city does not look as it's intended in the GB Pro.

I think Manchester includes its own modified mesh which might be blocking everything below it in the 53-003 tile (So it also includes Liverpool and other airports). When I was developing Liverpool airport I couldn't use this airport as well as it blocked out the entire tile and the photoscenery. There should be a folder called EGCC Manchester Mesh, make sure GB Pro is above that, but below the folder EGCC Manchester Airport. This should at least solve that problem. Icarus did an amazing job with Manchester, but they had to modify the mesh to sort out the dodgy terrain and floating buildings, and it's a limitation in X-Plane that mesh modifications only work on a 1x1 degree tile.

For other airports, it might be a case of the same as above, but I haven't heard of any others. 

• Upvote 1

For other airports, it might be a case of the same as above, but I haven't heard of any others.

would making a exclusion zone (WED) fix this   ?