Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Norway Pro (Work in Progress)

All airports should have exclusions anyway, otherwise you get things like shrubs and trees on the runways (A very common complaint with GB Pro). Most commercial ones do, but there are also a lot that don't. In terms of Norway there shouldn't be any conflicts because the data is much better (It actually includes airport boundaries).

I hope you're not getting tired of making pro packs anytime soon, Tony  :wink:

And since you teased pro scenery covering our homeland (in the screenshots forum), i can't wait to get my hands on it.

Dzięki Kolego!

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Radek

Haven't flown REP Centurion in a while so i opted for a quick checkride from Skagen (ENSK) to Narvik (ENNK).

Think i'll continue deeper into the mainland to explore more of Norway Pro goodness.

eki9d.png

34ziygz.png

xbgyli.png

Regards,

Radek

I think Manchester includes its own modified mesh which might be blocking everything below it in the 53-003 tile (So it also includes Liverpool and other airports). When I was developing Liverpool airport I couldn't use this airport as well as it blocked out the entire tile and the photoscenery. There should be a folder called EGCC Manchester Mesh, make sure GB Pro is above that, but below the folder EGCC Manchester Airport. This should at least solve that problem.

FYI Tony, and anyone with similar issue, that workaround works perfectly! Now I can not only enjoy the airports, but also the amazing GB Pro :)

Think i'll continue deeper into the mainland to explore more of Norway Pro goodness.

When I was flying around I saw those huge powerline cables spanning across mountains and thought it was a mistake. I had to check, but it's there on the map and in the data and seems to actually be there, a real nasty hazard if you fly into it.

When I was flying around I saw those huge powerline cables spanning across mountains and thought it was a mistake. I had to check, but it's there on the map and in the data and seems to actually be there, a real nasty hazard if you fly into it.

Same here, had to check if it's there for real :)

Looking at Street View from the bridge near Narvik i couldn't spot the cable, but then i found it's marked on the Visual Approach Chart.

Regards,

Radek

Tony, your Norway Pro Beta download link on your Norway Pro Beta page is not available. You get the white screen, 'this web page is not available' error

At least I am...

Download page link is broken in both Chrome and Explorer.

ERR TIME RESET in both browsers.

Thanks Mitch. I've rebooted it and downloads should be working again.

Thanks Mitch. I've rebooted it and downloads should be working again.

Thanks Tony..it's now downloading....

Tony...should this be right above all my W2XP scenery?  Or can it be amongst them...and just above my W2XP Norway entry?

Thanks...

Yes, it should above all other W2XP scenery covering the same area, but below any airports you've downloaded.

I thought you had this already anyway, I'm sure I saw some screenshots in a float plane from you?

Hi Tony,

Would W2XP Pro versions be possible for the Caribbean? I ask because it's a fabulous holiday destination to fly to.

I don't think there is any decent free data to use in the caribbean, at least when I looked a year ago there wasn't. It would have to be an autogen only scenery, and the best bet would be for someone to do an autogen theme and vegetation set.

Either way, as well as continuing to improve Norway, I'll probably tackle France next (but I'll do it in parts). I have Poland and Slovenia partly generated, but Poland is very slow as I have to scan orthos to get the trees, and it's a painfully slow process.

Yes, it should above all other W2XP scenery covering the same area, but below any airports you've downloaded.

I thought you had this already anyway, I'm sure I saw some screenshots in a float plane from you?

I did...but had some glitches with it conflicting with another W2XP scenery...the Mid West of the U.S. for all get out!

I just downloaded it again...installed, and no more conflicts with other already-installed packs.

Thanks!  Beautiful that I now have also UHD for Scandinavia, which i did not have in those shots...

Post Edit: Just one more question...should any of the library folders required for any of your 'Pro' series...be above the pro folders...or below them....in the Scenery txt file?

I know that you said that farm tree-lines should be ahead of these folders as well as any of the W2XP series..., because of EXCLUSION files...etc.

I don't think there is any decent free data to use in the caribbean, at least when I looked a year ago there wasn't. It would have to be an autogen only scenery, and the best bet would be for someone to do an autogen theme and vegetation set.

Ok, thanks Tony.

Thank  you so much for NorwayPro! As a norwegian I really enjoy it. I might have a problem though. 

Comparing against your pic no 2 in post #19, my home town of Bergen does not look as good as yours (the landscape is "flat", missing vegetation, tall buildings etc.):

XPL-Brg1.jpg

I have installed the required Libs and use HD Meshv3 and UHD Mesh v1:

(Addon Airports)
(Default Airports/Areas)
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/3D_people_library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CDB-Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RD_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RE_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/The_Handy_Objects_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models-master/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ruscenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ff_library_extended_LOD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/flags_of_the_world/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Europe_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_norway-pro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_denmark-pro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Europe/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_uhd_global_scenery1/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery3/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/

I am a X-Plane newbie; is there any obvious fault in my scenery_packs.ini?