Sign in to follow this  
PLOFKIP

5960x vs i7 6700k

Guys,

Everyone is telling me other storys about cpu and gpu and what to buy. I want the best performance with addon scenery and Pmdgs 777.

Running now: 

i5 4670k @4.5ghz

Asrock z87 Formula Oc-ac

16gb ddr3 1866mhz Corsair dom. Platinum

Recently bought an Zotac 980ti Amp! extreme which will stay.

I was thinking on buying a X99 I7 5960x but every hardware store is telling another story about cpu performance.

Question: does p3d use the 8 cores of the 5960x or is it better to stick to a 6700k?

thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry as I cant speak from experience here, but from what I'm reading...   A 6700k w/ 4 cores @ 4.7 will perform better then a 5960x 8 cores @ 4.4 

Assuming both chips reach those speeds.

I was thinking on buying a X99 I7 5960x but every hardware store is telling another story about cpu performance.

Don't listen to "hardware stores". What do those guys know, pretty much nothing about our favoured hobby and what it requires. They also have an agenda, namely to sell you the kit that's advantageous to them.

Listen to your piers, US!

Skylake [6700K 6600K] is new, so not everyone is on-board yet. However, after my research that's the way I'll be going in a few weeks when I build. Westman, and others agree too on this forum, including those that have built Skylake and are very pleased. Plenty of threads here to read regarding that.

And it's not just about the increase in performance, the Skylake architecture brings other advantageous features too.

As I said, read the other threads in this forum regarding Skylake and make up your own mind.