Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Avoid GoArounds in P3D v3

Hello!

i was wondering if someone knows if there is an AI separation addon for P3D v3 to avoid the Go-Arounds.

Both free or pay.

Thanks!

Are you using custom AI traffic?  If so, you can adjust the schedules of the airlines.  If you are referring to the default AI traffic, just knock the slider down a little.  For example, on my rig, I use WOAI, but never changed the schedules that were programmed in, and I run my AI traffic at 50%.  If I fly out of Gatwick, say in the afternoon of any given day, I get loads of traffic, including the rejected landings.  I could just as easily make changes to the schedules to avoid that sort of thing.

In real life, this can happen with airline traffic, but this is not to say that it isn't avoidable.  It can and will happen both in real life and in the sim, so as a personal question to you, why would you not want that kind of action?  I think it just adds a little more realism, just like sitting in line waiting to takeoff. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Look for an app called AISmooth. It was for FS9 and FSX. It should work in P3D as well.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Thanks Jim, I use MyTraffic6. Think WOAI  is not P3D v3 compatible. Was just looking for a small app that moves ai to avoid go-arounds, without planning nothing. Thanks.

Thanks Mickey, I tried it, does not work with P3D v3. It connects to FSUIPC, but does not recognize the simulator running.

Even better - try AI Controller. It'll control the AI traffic to fly proper SIDs and STARs, allows you full control over runway use, etc. Veery long thread in the FSX forum here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/462339-ai-controller-14-sid-jet-route-star-and-final-approach-new-beta/

Be warned, there is quite a bit of studying to do, but IMHO entirely worth it.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hi SierraDelta,

well I had a look at it, from what I understood it works only on certain airports, in the US.

A worldwide generic stuff would be better.

Alberto,

It works everywhere, but you have to provide the navdata from one of the usual sources.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

If deleting the aircraft in front of you while on final approach is acceptable to you as a solution, then use FSUIPC's TRAFFIC ZAPPER feature. But if you're a purist, using this option might keep you up at night!

JJ

I found another old app on my HDD it is called AI Seperation. It seems to work.

• Upvote 1

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

@Sierra

Oh ok, I will spent a little more time on it to see if i get something.

@Jackson

Well, i cannot blame you :D

@Jean

I never noticed that FSUIPC feature. I'll give it a try! thanks EDIT: i cannot see that feature in my FSUIPC 4.947 registered

@Mikey

I also got it! but didn't tried. I will. Thanks

I never noticed that FSUIPC feature. I'll give it a try! thanks EDIT: i cannot see that feature in my FSUIPC 4.947 registered

While in FSX or P3D, select FSUIPC from the ADD-ONS menu then select BUTTONS+SWITCHES to assign a button or switch, press a button or switch, select SELECT FOR FS CONTROL on the right-hand side of the page, then use the drop-down list of controls to find TRAFFIC ZAPPER under CONTROL SENT WHEN BUTTONS PRESSED. For key presses instead of buttons, use the KEY PRESSES page.

JJ

Traffic Zapper for removing annoying traffic in front of you when on finals??  I'm liking the sound of that! So, when you select it, do you get the choice of 30mm or Sidewinder?  :yahoo:

I never noticed that FSUIPC feature. I'll give it a try! thanks EDIT: i cannot see that feature in my FSUIPC 4.947 registered

While in FSX or P3D, select FSUIPC from the ADD-ONS menu then select BUTTONS+SWITCHES to assign a button or switch, press a button or switch, select SELECT FOR FS CONTROL on the right-hand side of the page, then use the drop-down list of controls to find TRAFFIC ZAPPER under CONTROL SENT WHEN BUTTONS PRESSED. For key presses instead of buttons, use the KEY PRESSES page.

JJ

Thanks...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310