Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

DX10 fixer finds faults with my installation

Steve, I was under the impression that DX10 fixer works with FSX Steam edition or maybe it's because I'm on Win 10 but having installed DX10 fixer it tells me the following:-

Various shader files are incorrect and not the originals.

It says I do not have an envmap.bmp file in FSX textures and I must restore the original file but I have a file of that name in that directory.

It also makes a couple of false statements about my FSX.cfg file such as NUM_LIGHTS must be set to 8 when it already is and how HIGHMEMFIX should be set when it already is.

When I try to install the libraries after clicking through I get an error message "Error copying C\Program Files (x86)\Steve's DX10 fixer\bkg.bmp. Error was 3." When I ok that I get the message about not having envmap.bmp in Texture.

All this means I cannot use your DX10 fixer and I get trees showing up as black inverted triangles. :sad:

Can you help, please?

Iain Smith

hello Iain

Have you set the path to the steam edition correctly in dx10 controller? What is it set to?

Some of those errors suggest an invalid path. Windows error 3 is no such path for example.

I suspect the cfg file is a separate issue but let's focus on the path to begin with.

That's it Steve - you've fixed it! I had C\Program Files\Steam and it should have been C\Program Files (x86)\Steam.

Now I have installed the libraries without problem and when I run diagnostics I get four HINTS all related to VC shadows - e.g. "ForceVCShadowMap not set in cfg, VC shadows will only be shown when it is set in VC model" and "A/craft self shadowing not set in cfg, VC shadows will not be shown".

I am not too bothered about VC shadows so I am happy. Thanks for your excellent support.

Iain

You are not the first! It does check there is a fsx.exe in the path if you use the file browser button, but I think if you just type it in the check gets missed.

That's it Steve - you've fixed it! I had C\Program Files\Steam and it should have been C\Program Files (x86)\Steam.

Now I have installed the libraries without problem and when I run diagnostics I get four HINTS all related to VC shadows - e.g. "ForceVCShadowMap not set in cfg, VC shadows will only be shown when it is set in VC model" and "A/craft self shadowing not set in cfg, VC shadows will not be shown".

I am not too bothered about VC shadows so I am happy. Thanks for your excellent support.

Iain

Iain, simply add the line ForceVCShadowMap=1 to the [Display] section of your FSX.cfg and you will have VC shadows,

They look fantastic why would you not want them ?