Sign in to follow this  
newtie

HDE Sky textures

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It says that this is an FS2004 program and that the sky textures will crash FSX.  That's right on the page you listed. ( Quote) : Many of the high-definition textures offered for FS9 were also easily portable over to FSX, except for the sky textures. From multiple experiences, the sky textures when placed into FSX would not allow the sim to start and would end up crashing session altogether. (End of Quote) Now would you expect P3D will crash if FSX did?  If your answer is yes move to the head of the class. 

Mark,

Note the rest of the quote:

This package contains all 140 sky textures in 32-bit color depth form, for usage in FSX.

If the textures work in FSX, I expect they wil be fine in P3D. You ought to back up the install location just in case.

Mark,

Note the rest of the quote:

This package contains all 140 sky textures in 32-bit color depth form, for usage in FSX.

If the textures work in FSX, I expect they wil be fine in P3D. You ought to back up the install location just in case.

Thanks. I was looking at REX but didn't want to download 7.5 GB worth of stuff ( that I wasn't going to use) just to get sky textures. I'll give it a try.

Just to confirm from one who has installed them, these sky textures do indeed work in P3D.

Lyn