Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

B747v2

There's a youtube video of a Thai 747-400 landing from cockpit view in which the crew member from the jump seat is filming the whole thing.. he actually bends over and takes a shot of the wings - you can see the wing tips, winglets and one engine clearly from the aft windows..  

I'm hoping too that PMDG will model this as they did on the NGX.. I don't have the 777 so don't know if it made it to that.. also would be nice if wingviews had cabin sounds as they do in NGX.. 

Cheers,

Vinod Kumar.

Sorry, it's a KLM 744 landing in BKK, not Thai 744.

On a lighter note, waiting for PMDG release dates is a lot like waiting for the second coming of Christ..  :wink:

"Behold, I shall come very soon"..  it's been 2000 years since He said that.. 

RSR said they were very close to entering beta testing many many months ago.. 

well for the Lord, 1000 years is like a day and a day is like a 1000 years.. 

pls don't ban me for this joke !   :Nail Biting:

If we all recite the 'Hail Legal' (PMDG EULA) 3 times, refrain from flying Airbus for a month, and hang a joystick on our rearview mirrors, perhaps Lord Randazzo will take mercy on us and push the release date 1000 years closer  :wink:

All this discussion and waiting for 747v2 got me to leave my T7's and MD-11's in the hangar and take a few flights in my first love the original PMDG Queen of the Sky's 747-400/F and 8i/F, and remind myself what a great plane it is! I've clocked up 100's of hours flying this round the world. EGLL/OMDB/OTHH/VHHH/TNCM being favourites. 

OK, the virtual cockpit could do with a bit of sharpening up, but the external model couldn't be improved. How much better is the v2 going to be, and is it going to be worth shelling out for a whole new plane with just a few fancy bits added? I'll bet that if the virtual cockpit could be improved on the original there wouldn't be much difference with the new version. Unless I'm truly convinced I'm going to stick with the original.

One of the many things I really like about the original 747 over the T7's is that I can have both the Captain and First Officer's FMC in view when flying in virtual cockpit. I leave the Captains FMC on the LEGS page and PROG on the First Officer's. Everything I need really when flying.

I don't have a signature banner partly because I can't figure quite how to load it - the discussion on instruction is quite confusing - and if I did it would be the 747 banner and I might have to change it if I do change my mind when v2 comes out.

Until then I'm more than happy with my original.

Regards

Bernard

Bernard Walford

Quite a lot, a whole new systems simulation brought on par with the T7, MUCH better visuals, more options to better simulate different variants, and maybe more!

Kashif Eizdi