Sign in to follow this  
AvivBashan

Problem with the installer

Hey all,

I've bought the P3D (V2.5) to my pc and I can't install it.

When I open the wizard I need to select a destination path to install the simulator..

I leave it as it is - the default path is: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2' but when I am clicking Next somthing is wrong!

The wizard can't continue the installation and I am getting the eror 0x8007066.

What should I do ?

How can I ensure that there is no another version of the p3d on my pc?

Regards, 

Aviv

Hello Aviv.   Go into Control Panel  click into Unistall a program and check there first for any previous version of Prepar3D 

So what have you got in there? 

23404033206_dc09d1eba3_o.png

Hello Aviv.   Go into Control Panel  click into Unistall a program and check there first for any previous version of Prepar3D 

So what have you got in there? 

23404033206_dc09d1eba3_o.png

I've tried but I have nothing..

How can I fix it ? 

You running the installer as admin?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Make sure you have updated your .Net Framework 4. This is what usually causes that error code!

Make sure you have updated your .Net Framework 4. This is what usually causes that error code!

I have the latest version..

Have you posted over at the LM forum, someone over their might be able to help you!

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Have you posted over at the LM forum, someone over their might be able to help you!

Good luck!

thank you!

That error message indicates that there is a problem with the .NET Framework on your system. Refer to this MS article on how to repair:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2507641

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There is not definitive mention of support for Windows 10 in the Framework "fixes". The first suggestion is the Fix It Tool and is specifically says it does not support my Windows 10 system when I run it. Other steps do not specifically mention 10. If they do not stop themselves at the beginning they may corrupt your system. I am quite concerned that I will go down a software sewer if I run the other, more complex, functions.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I think I know why the problem happens.. I think it happen since I had the P3D V3.

I've deleted the V3 but it looks like that it's wasn't deleted properly..

But how can I fix it ?