Sign in to follow this  
cliffardus

My FSX hangs up after 15 minutes

I can't figure out why FSX hangs up after about 15 minutes. ( I normally fly the PMDG 737. )

The following information may be relevant:

iMac 27 inch

Operating in Bootcamp

OS X El Capitan

Memory : 8BB 1333 Mhz DDR3

Graphics : AMD Radeon HD 69770M 1024 Mb

Processor speed 3.4 Ghz

I would appreciate help to solve this problem.

I confess that I don't know the difference between the Topic Prefix FSX-MS and FSX-SE. Maybe I've chosen the wrong one to use with this posting...?

Cliff (In Spain)

Hi Cliff,

If you wait about 10 minutes, does the sim "come back" ?  This would be a "temporary freeze" aka "8 minute freeze" that is fairly common.  If this is what is happening, you may want to look up and experiment with the following settings: AFFINITYMASK and HIGHMEMFIX.  Also look up "UIAutomationcore.dll fix" and try locking your frame rate to different values (i.e. if you are unlimited, try 36, if you are already at 30, try 36, etc).  The freeze issue is a thread collision/deadlock issue related to multithreading and greatly influenced by your CPU/number of cores.  It is made more prominent with higher loading in the scenery and weather depiction threads (and likewise, reducing loading here by lowering graphics settings options can also help).

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I had the same phenomenon about 2 years ago (with the Aerosoft Airbus). Tried a lot of the things above, but my cure was...

- rename fsx.cfg to fsx.cfg.anyotherextension

- start fsx. So it will automatically build up an empty one.

- shut down fsx. Manually copy all those settings you understand from the renamed fsx.xfg into the empty one, including highmemfix=1.

On the next fsx start you will have to accept a lot of gauges, flows and the like. But at least you should have a trial with a more or less fresh fsx.cfg.

If it doesn´t help you still have the old one...

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

I have to smile…. as soon as I saw helpful replies I shut Mac down, rebooted into Bootcamp…and found that my Mouse had decided to go to sleep. A deep, deep sleep.

So thank you for trying…I must fix that problem before I can proceed any further.

However since posting my query I’ve broused The Net for a solution and find that another possible way around the problem is described in the link below:

http://fsxeu.com/uiautomationcore-dll/

Comments would be welcome'

Cliff

If a dll is causing the problem, you can find out by looking at the Windows event viewer. When the problem happens again note the time and search in the start menu for "event viewer", open it, look under the Windows Logs drop down menu for Application, and search for recent logs with red error messages - they are time stamped. Read tabs below for specific info about the error's origin. For many errors like uiautomationcore.dll or g3d.dll crashes, there is plentiful information about solutions, such as the link you found above. 

I didn't know FSX was fully compatible with MAC or OS-X systems.  I understand you might be able to make it compatible if you have Windows 7 installed on your MAC and have an Intel Processor.  But my boxed copy of FSX does not show FSX is compatible with Apple systems.  I understand Bootcamp is one of the ways to get it to work with a MAC.  Is PMDG stuff compatible with MAC?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10