Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

PFE ATC Plugin now available for X-Plane

Hi

Recently purchased PFEtoXplane as I have PF3 and now seem to be flying in X Plane more than P3Dv4 (never thought I'd be saying that!!).  Had a problem with installing the licence file, but an email to Multicrew drew a response and solution in less than 12 hours.  Excellent customer service from Ben and Gerald.

Many thanks

Pete

• Like 2

Hello,

I am unable to contact any frequency which ends on a 0 (zero), such as LJLJ Tower 118.000, in XPlane 11(.36), with PF3. The PF3 comms box says I am at 118 and need to go to 118.00 (which obviously is the same). Same when tuned at e.g. LEVC Tower (121.200), PF3 seems again unable to read the zeros so it says I am at 1212 and should be at 121.20. This happens with all frequencies ending in a 0, and in all my planes, such as default C172, Zibo 737, FFA320 etc.

Is anyone actually able to contact for example, Tower at LJLJ on 118.000 with PF3 using PFEtoXPLANE in 11.36? Or does anyone have a solution? I think XPUIPC is the problem here, but I have used both the version installed with PFE2XPLANE, as the newest one. The problem still exists.

Many thanks

Lennard 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:05 PM, Lennard78 said:

Hello,

I am unable to contact any frequency which ends on a 0 (zero), such as LJLJ Tower 118.000, in XPlane 11(.36), with PF3. The PF3 comms box says I am at 118 and need to go to 118.00 (which obviously is the same). Same when tuned at e.g. LEVC Tower (121.200), PF3 seems again unable to read the zeros so it says I am at 1212 and should be at 121.20. This happens with all frequencies ending in a 0, and in all my planes, such as default C172, Zibo 737, FFA320 etc.

Is anyone actually able to contact for example, Tower at LJLJ on 118.000 with PF3 using PFEtoXPLANE in 11.36? Or does anyone have a solution? I think XPUIPC is the problem here, but I have used both the version installed with PFE2XPLANE, as the newest one. The problem still exists.

Many thanks

Lennard 

It took quite some time to figure out, but this problem is solved. For if anyone will ever has this same issue: it turned out that the culprit was in the language settings. My Windows has been correctly set to English (United States), but somehow in 'additional settings', 'regional settings', it was set to 'Dutch'. This had the consequence that, according to Dutch use, commas and full stops are interchanged in numbers (e.g., 10.000 is ten thousand in English, but ten dot zero zero zero in Dutch). After I set back also the regional setting to Dutch, it was all solved. I did not know that there are regional language settings within a larger language settings, but I must have changed it many years ago somehow. Now, after setting it to English (US) also, all frequencies are recognized. So there was no fault at all, as expected, in PF3, PFEtoXP or XPUIPC. It all works great now.

Edited by Lennard78

Just wondering, Greg the creator of World Traffic 3 has released his World Traffic SDK to allow other ATC to integrate with his traffic software. Is there any chance that he could be contacted and maybe look at the SDK being integrated into PFEtoXPLANE.

Fingers crossed ☺️ 

• Upvote 1

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)

Hi guys, just wondering if it is possible to increase the size of the hints box or the size of the text? Hard to read with my old eyes. Thanks in advance.

John

Hi all,

I have had PF3 running with MSFS for about a month fine and decided this week to buy this plugin so i could also use with X-Plane 12. Before this time i have never had to install XPUIPC, so that was automatically installed as part of the PFEtoXplane installer package.

As we know to use this plugin you have to start X-Plane in admin mode.

What i have found is a very reproducible problem : When i start X-Plane 12 in admin mode then XPUIC starts fine and appears in the plugin menu etc but it cannot be ‘seen’ by PF3.

Conversely, when i start X-Plane in normal (non admin) mode then the plugin works fine and can be detected. However, in this mode the PFEtoXPlane plugin does not load!

This is what i have tried so far and each time i have the exact same behaviour as above.

- installed into my X-Plane 11 setup and tested

- created a brand new windows user account with admin rights and tested

- installed a brand new copy of X-Plane 12

- turned off my Windows Defender Firewall

- made sure that X-Plane is not blocked in the firewall (even though i think the step above covers this anyway)

In addition to trying to connect with PF3 I have been using the FDUIPC tester app I found a link to on the PF3 forums.

Support have been very responsive and I agree with them in that i cannot find anyone else online having the same issue. I also appreciate this issue is with XPUIPC and not PFEtoXplane, but fundamental to me getting the plugin working!

I am hoping someone might have some ideas of how to troubleshoot and fix this!

Thanks,

James

14 hours ago, jamesb said:

Hi all,

I have had PF3 running with MSFS for about a month fine and decided this week to buy this plugin so i could also use with X-Plane 12. Before this time i have never had to install XPUIPC, so that was automatically installed as part of the PFEtoXplane installer package.

As we know to use this plugin you have to start X-Plane in admin mode.

What i have found is a very reproducible problem : When i start X-Plane 12 in admin mode then XPUIC starts fine and appears in the plugin menu etc but it cannot be ‘seen’ by PF3.

Conversely, when i start X-Plane in normal (non admin) mode then the plugin works fine and can be detected. However, in this mode the PFEtoXPlane plugin does not load!

This is what i have tried so far and each time i have the exact same behaviour as above.

- installed into my X-Plane 11 setup and tested

- created a brand new windows user account with admin rights and tested

- installed a brand new copy of X-Plane 12

- turned off my Windows Defender Firewall

- made sure that X-Plane is not blocked in the firewall (even though i think the step above covers this anyway)

In addition to trying to connect with PF3 I have been using the FDUIPC tester app I found a link to on the PF3 forums.

Support have been very responsive and I agree with them in that i cannot find anyone else online having the same issue. I also appreciate this issue is with XPUIPC and not PFEtoXplane, but fundamental to me getting the plugin working!

I am hoping someone might have some ideas of how to troubleshoot and fix this!

Thanks,

James

There is a new ver of XPUIPC coming out soon, its not really xp12 compatible at present, has lots of messed up datarefs, though useable,

http://www.xpuipc.com/

8 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

There is a new ver of XPUIPC coming out soon, its not really xp12 compatible at present, has lots of messed up datarefs, though useable,

http://www.xpuipc.com/

Thanks for that information. I will give that a try when it releases.

1 hour ago, jamesb said:

Thanks for that information. I will give that a try when it releases.

Apparently if almost fianl, one poster keeping in contact with developer

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 8:59 AM, jamesb said:

Just as an update for any others who might be looking for solutions to a problem like this in the future, i managed to resolve this. This was simply by starting PF3 with admin rights too! Took me a while but i go there in the end! 😬

Question for other users who use pf3 and xplane. Since pfe2xplane fools pf3 in connecting to FSX, Pf3 will use the FSX database, which obviously misses a lot of data. So I get an error of unknown airport. anybody managed to fix this issue?

Do you also use PF3 in MSFS and use the MKRUNWAYS utility to keep the PF3 database up to date for that?

I have no idea if recommended or not but, If so then you can copy the 8 (i think) key files it generates as described in the mkrunways manual to your X-Plane root folder and point PF3 to runways.csv there and it will update the FSX database it holds. (I recommended you take a backup first in case it doesn't work to your liking!) However, i find that not perfect as MSFS seems to have non realistic gate numbers and taxiways for a lot of airports and then this is then reflected in the ATC you get from PF3!

What i would be really keen to learn is how to update PF3 FSX database directly with X-Plane data. There is a mkrunways utility free download on the x-plane.org but it doesn't seem to work with X-Plane 12. (It only seems to create a file based on my customer scenery and not the global scenery).

• Like 1

And that was the final piece of the puzzle. All files need to be in the directory so it seems.

The Xplane12 data with the makerwys utility can be achieved by copying and replacing the nav.dat and earth_nav.dat from your \Global Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav dat\ directory to one of the custom scenery earth nav dat folders. That's how I managed to create the runways.csv based on the Xplade 12 data!

Have the Xplane 12 data in PF3 as we speak 😄

Edited by Vensaj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vensaj said:

And that was the final piece of the puzzle. All files need to be in the directory so it seems.

The Xplane12 data with the makerwys utility can be achieved by copying and replacing the nav.dat and earth_nav.dat from your \Global Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav dat\ directory to one of the custom scenery earth nav dat folders. That's how I managed to create the runways.csv based on the Xplade 12 data!

Have the Xplane 12 data in PF3 as we speak 😄

That sounds promising! I have just looked. I have apt.dat but no nav.dat in that folder  \Global Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav dat\