Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3D V3 - Payware Airports - Tire Sink ?

Hi Folks,

Brand new to P3D - loaded up a couple payware airports and noticed the the tires on my aircraft - default bonanza - sink half way into the tarmac... I tried airports from two different vendors (FSDT and LatinVFR) - same deal... Is this a P3D issue ??? The aircraft seems to sit fine on the default airports...

Regards,
Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Obviously one of your payware or both have different elevations than P3D.   This may certainly happen if you are using Obyx where you can at least cancel the elevations.  Somewhere in your scenery there are probably two bgl files that conflict.  My 2 cents worth.

Do you see the sink in default airports?  I would think it is a developer issue and not P3D.  Maybe the airports , or at least their AFCADs are not fully developed for P3D?

I'm going to assume you used a freshly-downloaded installer for FSDT, which are all P3Dv3 ready now, and a V3 native LVFR scenery as well.  A common issue when porting v2 or FSX sceneries over is missing the elevation correction bgls usually located in the  your_FS-Directory\Scenery\World\Scenery folder.  But v3-ready installers should be putting the bgls--all of them--into the right places.

If you're using a traffic program like MyTraffic, make sure to disable the traffic program's AFCAD/ADE files specific to that airport.  MyTraffic, in particular, includes ADE files for most of the world's large commercial airports, so installing add-on sceneries usually requires renaming the corresponding MyTraffic bgl or you'll have duplicate AFCAD/ADE issues.  Duplicate AFCAD/ADE files don't tend to make things blow up and CTD as in the past, but they do cause lots of unhappy placement issues.

Regards