Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

ORBX SOCAL out

I believe this ORBX software title is only good for the most advanced computer system.

It appears even advanced computer systems are having frame rate problems with this region.

Wow this is whack... ORBX really? I mean to make a product so resource intensive it eliminates all the Airline drivers out and it seems you can only enjoy this in piston powered flyer.

I understand this is meant for low slow VFR flying but it would be nice to use it with anything like UTX and GEX were back in the day.

I live in Socal just minutes from KSNA so trust me this was on my list for quite a while only to realize it wont be for me in regards to how I fly. 

Ed,

Just set FTX Central too North America and you should be good to go!

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin..

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

I have tried all sorts of settings, to include no autogen.  The results are the same.  Poor frame rates and no smooth movement.  The only way I can improve it is to remove it from my computer.  I believe this ORBX software title is only good for the most advanced computer system.

Umm.....what about your traffic settings? I have GA and airliner at 5%, cars/vehicles also at 5%

lax10.jpg

lax11.jpg

Car/traffic settings 0%, Airline and GA at 10%.  It is more about smoothness than frame rates.  My frame rates vary from 14 fps to 29fps.  Stutters are terrible. In fact, stutters are so bad that it is not enjoyable.  Better to uninstall this software. 

I'm not seeing any stuttering but I am using FSX-SE not P3D.

FSX-SE and Prepar3d v3.1 are two different platforms.

I'd strongly disagree on that FTX regions should not be used for IFR flying. The difference is noticeable from mid-altitude down to the final approach, which for me is the most important part of the flight. This especially applies to regions such as FTX Norway which has a very distinctive landscape. Can't report any OOMs even on a PMDG NGX flight using both FTX England and Nor.

SoCal is a performance horror even in default (don't think I had even Global back then). With scenery so amazingly detailed, we can't expect miracles. A relief, at least in terms of frames (but also VAS usage somewhat) would be to use the great AI Traffic Manager found on this board. Good luck everyone!

FSX-SE and Prepar3d v3.1 are two different platforms.

I know....and supposedly P3D is superior :wink: