Sign in to follow this  
airway38

Windows alert sound

Hi all

I purchased the fabulous product last night, however, when I attempt to run the pre flight events, a windows alert sound keeps playing every 5-7 seconds. There is no window that I can see that is displayed, and only happens upon running the pre-flight events. 

Any idea what could be causing this? Happening with P3Dv3. If you need any more information, let me know.

Kind Regards,

James Eden

Do you have FSUIPC installed ?

FSUIPC has a feature that will sound the windows default chime about every 5-10 seconds when vas memory becomes low. Kind of gives you a warning so you can save your flight in case of an OOM error.  There is no window that will open, just the chime. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

that's  what I thought  it  was ,   seems  abit  quick  for  a oom  to occur  just  at the  start of  the flight   within the  first minute  or  so?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Rick, that'll be what it is. But I agree with Peter - OOM in the first minute or so...strange. Will keep investigating. Apologies for trying to pin the blame on FS2Crew - its the last thing I ran so thought it might have something to do with it.

Kind Regards,

James Eden

Thanks Rick, that'll be what it is. But I agree with Peter - OOM in the first minute or so...strange. Will keep investigating. Apologies for trying to pin the blame on FS2Crew - its the last thing I ran so thought it might have something to do with it.

Kind Regards

Does it   happen   all the time  at different  airports   since  cant  believe   you can get  a oom within  the first minute  or  so.    Did  the  sim  crash     soon after  you  heard  the chimes  since if  it  does  than its  a  oom error

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg