Sign in to follow this  

REX Essentials+ Overdrive installation issue

Hello! This is my first post so don't expect much. I recently have attempted to install REX Essentials+ Overdrive. After I bought it, I opened my downloads file and there was a 

zipped setup folder which I proceeded to open. I read the readme file and followed its requirements. I then clicked on the setup.exe application. It opened the, "REX Download Manager".

After I opened it, I was greeted by a screen asking for me to input all of the necissary information. After I did so, it began downloading everything. But the rexes.cab files

were barely downloading. After an hour or two, all of the rexes.cab files were at 100% except for rexes1.cab, which was at 6%. When I pressed download again to see

what would happen, a screen popped up saying, "The process cannot access rexes1.cab". So I went searching for the file (like that would do anything) and I did find it within

the rexdownload folder.

But I believe that the reason why this is not doing well is because I have never purchased a REX product before this one, so maybe there is some kind of a base file that

would have all of the necessary folders to do this installation. But this is likely not true.

I was watching some videos and it seemed that the file they had would have a few other files inside that I did not, mine only had a readme and the setup.exe.

I am using FSX Steam Edition but I'm positive that has nothing to do with anything, but, it is still good to include. I am using Win7 Home Premium and a 2 TB HDD.

Thank you, and again, I am just a beginner at this so please inform me if I have broken any rules or have posted in the incorrect section.

I'm sorry but where would I go about finding my FSS order number so that I can be a verified member?

Where did you purchase REX Essential + Overdrive? Go there, access your account, and find your order number.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well I purchased the product at the REX Store. I accessed my account and I clicked on Order History and I did find my product, but I can't find an FSS order number, but in my invoice I found my order number but it did not have FSS in it, it just had 9 letters.

than just  use  that   to be  verified,  they will advise  you  if  its incorrect

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well I purchased the product at the REX Store. I accessed my account and I clicked on Order History and I did find my product, but I can't find an FSS order number, but in my invoice I found my order number but it did not have FSS in it, it just had 9 letters.

FSS order number typically means flightsimstore.com.  If you bought it from the REX store login to your account, find your order history, click on the order reference number.   Your order number, registration, etc. should be visible.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I just tried and I am now a verified member, so I thank you all for your help and I hope you have a good day!

hope that  you get  your  issues  sorted,  iam sure  they will get it  sorted out  for  you

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yeah because I have really wanted to make my FSX look more realistic. Well I hope they help me too, thank you