Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

VSYNC P3D V3

How do you set the FPS limit in this way ?  

You need to activate this option and then scroll down in normal FPS Limiter section until you see entire numbers.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

So are you confirming my suspicion that Vsync 1/2 refresh rate in NI isn't doing anything?

That's right NI VSync is for Exclusive mode.

With the earlier comment:

Affinity Mask=15 (4 core CPU...I7-2600K at 48Ghz...HT OFF)

Vsync and triple buffering ON in P3D

frame unlimited in P3D

frame locked at 30.5 in NI

Vsync 1/2 refresh rate in NI <- this item can be omitted

the VSync ON in P3D controls the limit against the 30.5 in NI.

Interesting point is that with HT Off and AM=15 (same as no AM) he can go to 4.8GHz, since HT enabled and AM=85 might still be too hot for that frequency and so maybe 4.4GHz might be preferred with HT ON. 4.4 would yields 8% less fps than 4.8, but HT on improves total CPU throughput approx. 10% in most cases. So it's a trade off situation worth testing, less fps with HT ON is smoother than more fps HT Off at around the same throughput.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Vsync 1/2 refresh rate in NI <- this item can be omitted

the VSync ON in P3D controls the limit against the 30.5 in NI.

That makes sense... thanks for the clarification.

That makes sense... thanks for the clarification.

Crystal clear....thanks... :smile: ...!

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I used to have my Prepar3d sim running silky smooth, but now I am experiencing bad stuttering again and my adaptive half refresh rate vsync doesn't seem to work in sim.  Normally, I could just enable the feature in my Nvidia control panel and I would have a really smooth 30FPS with the in game VSync enabled and unlimited frame rate setting. Now, it seems like the sim is ignoring my Nvidia settings, and is running anywhere from 40 to 55 FPS, and there are noticeable stutters. I checked my Prepar3d application profile with both Nvidia Inspector and the Nvidia Control panel program listing, and everything is at their default values. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to get this feature back working again, as it was so fluid before with the frame rate capped at my half refresh rate. I am running Prepar3d V3.4 with Hotfix 3.v Please note that I am running the game fullscreen, not in a window. I have read through the forums, and it seems that there are some people who say that this feature doesn't work in Prepar3d, and others who say it does. I am 99% I had this working before, where my frame rate was capped at 30FPS with the Adaptive Half refresh rate vsync enabled in my Nvidia control panel, and I did not need to use Nvidia Inspector to cap my framerate. Can anyone else confirm that when they have the half refresh rate vsync enabled, that the sim is capping their frames at 30 FPS without any other tweaks and Vsync enabled and unlimited frame rate set in sim? Thanks!

Can anyone else confirm that when they have the half refresh rate vsync enabled, that the sim is capping their frames at 30 FPS without any other tweaks and Vsync enabled and unlimited frame rate set in sim? Thanks!

Would love to see someone getting this to work in p3d but for me it never has.

Most of the posts I have read saying it does work seem to have a 30fps

limiter turned on somewhere else.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.