Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

Tis the Season for Giving!

It is that time of year when when we can give back to the people who enrich our lives through their contribution to the Community.

In my flight simulation community, that definitely includes:

• Tim Arnot, creator of the freeway Plan-G3 software. I use it all the time to create VFR flight plans and monitor what is going on during flights.
  • Maarten Boelens, creator of SimlauncherX, my indispensable tool for hanger maintenance and launching all of my P3D flights. Been using SimLauncher since version 9.3 for FSX. Great tool, although Maarten has gone on a bender lately creating a tool that is everything to everyone. Still love ya, Maarten!
  • And of course, AVSIM. The big pot of glue (duct tape?) holding all of us together.

Thanks! A few quid/euros/bucks have been sent your way in appreciation. Here's to another year of flying!

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm amazed that Avsim hasn't made a more aggressive pitch for funding. Most sites do. Advertising proceeds can only go so far.

• Upvote 1

Tim Arnot, creator of the freeway Plan-G3 software. I use it all the time to create VFR flight plans and monitor what is going on during flights.

John,

Thanks for the reminders. I downloaded Plan-G over two years ago but never installed or tried it. Thanks to your post I have downloaded the latest version and have used it for about 1 hour. Very nice piece of software and I will have to acknowledge with a contribution as well.

Happy New Year!!!

Bob

I'm amazed that Avsim hasn't made a more aggressive pitch for funding. Most sites do. Advertising proceeds can only go so far.

I may add a goal sidebar to the forum somewhere to at least let everyone know our monthly fundraising goal, but I don't want it to be like "you bought Starbucks this morning when you could have given us that money" guilt trip sort of thing like Wikipedia does.  I understand the need for donations, but the at times obnoxious approach other organizations take annoys me.  In 19 years, the will and support of the people has kept us going.  I have faith that this will continue as long as we maintain our infrastructure and keep it a fun and friendly place to be.  Thank you for your support, Bill.

• Upvote 2

I agree. Especially the "you can get a faster download" for only........