Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Flickering Apron

Hey Pilots!

A few weeks ago I installed the awesome Klagenfurt LOWK scenery made by Manfred Marbler. But unfortunately I get this weird flickering apron textures - see the video

https://youtu.be/PU9wd7E9DwY

I dont use DX10 on my FSX Gold Edition. But I use AS2012 textures, but I have abolute no problems on other Airports...

Any Ideas?

Kind regards,

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Since it's freeware and in the AVSIM Library, I'll give it a go and see if it flickers for me.

UPDATE:  The Scenery seems to be rock steady, no flickering while taxiing around the

ramp/apron area.  I also varied my viewing angle while watching.  Seems like the problem is on

your end.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thats good to know, thank you very much for you effort!

By the way, nice scenery, isnt it? :-) If I get it to work I will fly VFR in this region.

I will keep on searching the problem, if I find something I will report here

All other ideas are very welcome!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

That's the z-fighting quite common in FSX with DX10 preview enabled. Steve's DX10 fixer cures that. The free portion of the fixer is available as a download from the AVSIM Library.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

That's the z-fighting quite common in FSX with DX10 preview enabled. Steve's DX10 fixer cures that. The free portion of the fixer is available as a download from the AVSIM Library.

But he's not using DX10 as he mentioned in his post.

I dont use DX10 on my FSX Gold Edition. But I use AS2012 textures, but I have abolute no problems on other Airports...

Any Ideas?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sorry mis-read it, thought he said using dx10, and the video fooled me even further. Looks very much like the dx10 problem in the film.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Nope, no DX10... at least I dont have the tick set on "Preview DirectX 10" is there an other setting which enables DX10?

I use Nvidia Inspector with this settings:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I see what is going on.  It looks like the concrete apron is displayed over an existing asphalt apron.  I'm thinking one of two things here.  Either you have two LOWK airports installed or the author did a less than acceptable job with making the aprons, perhaps starting with a stock airport and neglected to edit or eliminate the original aprons.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I see what is going on.  It looks like the concrete apron is displayed over an existing asphalt apron.  I'm thinking one of two things here.  Either you have two LOWK airports installed or the author did a less than acceptable job with making the aprons, perhaps starting with a stock airport and neglected to edit or eliminate the original aprons.

I already thinked about this too, but I only use this LOWK and I think there is no way to delete the default scenery?

About the 2nd, charliearon has tried it and had no problems. Post #2 

In the meantime I tried to start ADE, but I dont get it to work... I think I will contact the author.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020